Reptile Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have defiantly decided on getting the Arcadia lighting but, which one. I am getting a baby bearded dragon in a month. the month leading to it it I will be buying and setting up a wooden viv of 4ft x1x1. I have been told to use a 2 light system, "basking light and uv light" instead of just a mercury vapour bulb. Is this correct?

If so this lead me to my 2 question. As I've said mi viv is 4x1x1 will a Arcadia 50watts halogen spot bulb suitable to heat up the basking spot to 40c/104f and give a healthly gradient or should i buy 75w halogen?

I'm combing the halogen with a Arcadia UVB tube. Should I really buy the t5 over the t8? Is there any major difference between the 2? I'm leaning toward the t8 because it cheaper but, I don't want my bearded dragons health to be
Suffer

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
I answered this on the main page befit I saw this.

But yeah our 50w halogen heatspot should be fine

And yeah T5 is way better! It is way more powerful and as such provides more usable energy to the dragon over a dedicated area.

Jump on the arcadia reptile website. There is literally hundreds of hours of free reading on there.

Check out the magazine article section and the light and shade method.

Have a read and come back to me with anything that remains unclear

Good luck

John

I have defiantly decided on getting the Arcadia lighting but, which one. I am getting a baby bearded dragon in a month. the month leading to it it I will be buying and setting up a wooden viv of 4ft x1x1. I have been told to use a 2 light system, "basking light and uv light" instead of just a mercury vapour bulb. Is this correct?

If so this lead me to my 2 question. As I've said mi viv is 4x1x1 will a Arcadia 50watts halogen spot bulb suitable to heat up the basking spot to 40c/104f and give a healthly gradient or should i buy 75w halogen?

I'm combing the halogen with a Arcadia UVB tube. Should I really buy the t5 over the t8? Is there any major difference between the 2? I'm leaning toward the t8 because it cheaper but, I don't want my bearded dragons health to be
Suffer

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.