Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have any luck whistling to their frogs? I can play their call to them, and nothing.... As soon as I whistle a certain way, it's almost an instant call :lol2:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
My USA greens will start up sometimes with the hoover, hairdryer or a certain song on the radio.

One of my greys will chirp a little with applause on tv programmes and, I don't know if anyone saw Ray Mears's programme last week where he went in search of Pool Frogs, well, the bloke who looks after the areas the frogs are in mimicked the call, hoping to get an answer from a frog... none answered him except mine!! So it looks like I have a grey treef who thinks he's a pool frog! :lol2:

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I wanted to hear my Green Tree Frogs call so played a youtube video and I got a response it was so funny.
I also tried to mimic my FBT's call and got a response, they don't respond to me no more.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I've tried youtube vids and calls from amphibiaweb and nothing wants to get any of mine going.
The Regularis was given to me as a male but im not convinced....He still tries to climb up the glass which makes an awful screechy/scratchy noise which may be what the prev. owner heard.
The others I know from picking them up and hearing their release call...not 100% accurate tho as one Rana that did it doesn't have any other signs whereas another one has HUGE forearms and big thumbs...the 'male' bufo is smaller than the 'fem' (just), has a saggy throat and release called when we moved him.

When I go out herping I've played rana t and bufo bufo calls from my mobile....Never got a response yet :( :lol2:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah mine don't respond to their OWN call, only other noises like whistles and TV shows haha. And winding up wind-up toys or playing COD online haha, but I even heard the female call back last night for the first time.

They also only seem to call the once in a night and that's it :bash: :lol2:

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
youtube vids get my whites going as dose playing games on xbox somtimes and some time if im talking to some one they but in

but as for my fbts nothing gets them going

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
When i'm on the phone my white's will start croaking, when i'm watching tv and if I mimic his croak he will croak back.

When I laugh at something my red eyes will make their giggling noise back. They also respond to the sound effects on my iphone.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
My USA greens will start up sometimes with the hoover, hairdryer or a certain song on the radio.

One of my greys will chirp a little with applause on tv programmes and, I don't know if anyone saw Ray Mears's programme last week where he went in search of Pool Frogs, well, the bloke who looks after the areas the frogs are in mimicked the call, hoping to get an answer from a frog... none answered him except mine!! So it looks like I have a grey treef who thinks he's a pool frog! :lol2:
brilliant made i chuckle...wonderfull

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.