Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dovecote and have had two pairs of white doves since last September. They have fed well throughout the winter but disappeared overnight a week or so ago. Sometimes they've not been there at feeding time in the morning but appeared shortly after when called. They were nesting, but disappearing last week nobody has seen them. Any ideas?

·
Registered
260 Posts
My neighbour has some- she loses one or two all the time- cats and mainly sparrowhawks! even a rat once, It's usual to see a patch of white feathers around.

·
Banned
1,161 Posts
How was this dovecote positioned, Sue? On a pole? Or atop some other, flatter surface?

And they both vanished, during a night? Yeah?

Nesting? Were they brooding eggs, at the time? What happened to the eggs?

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My neighbour has some- she loses one or two all the time- cats and mainly sparrowhawks! even a rat once, It's usual to see a patch of white feathers around.
No feathers and had it been one or two, would have suspected that, but allfour overnight seemed odd ***129300;

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How was this dovecote positioned, Sue? On a pole? Or atop some other, flatter surface?

And they both vanished, during a night? Yeah?

Nesting? Were they brooding eggs, at the time? What happened to the eggs?
The dovecote is on a tall pole, but they seemed to prefer the nest boxes on my pergola and high up a conifer tree. They were nest building and displaying. I only checked for eggs after they were gone but there was nothing. There were four doves.

·
Banned
1,161 Posts
So ..... Just to keep the record straight; Have ye any, real idea of where they would have been taken from, Sue? Up the conifer. Or on the, relatively low, pergola?

No real matter; Four doves. Adults. Taken at night. No signs. Is that correct?

·
Banned
1,161 Posts
Okay. Forgive me, Sue. I just looked at ye Profile. Trying to find if ye'd been back, since. That information isn't available, it seems, to fellow members? No worries.

Still be very interested to get an answer to my, above, questions though. I have a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career.

Are we talking a Cluster, Sue? Or Not talking? Because it's turned out a cluster?

Speak to el Snappo. el Snappo won't flap his lips. Only seeks input
PM?

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay. Forgive me, Sue. I just looked at ye Profile. Trying to find if ye'd been back, since. That information isn't available, it seems, to fellow members? No worries.

Still be very interested to get an answer to my, above, questions though. I have a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career.

Are we talking a Cluster, Sue? Or Not talking? Because it's turned out a cluster?

Speak to el Snappo. el Snappo won't flap his lips. Only seeks input image PM?

Yes, sorry el Snappo. The doves aren't back - no sign, no feathers etc, so there's no point in my looking further. They have either been pilfered or killed, so nothing I can do now sadly. Thanks for your input.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts