Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saw these in a book the other day...does anyone have them? i'd be curious to see

·
Registered
661 Posts
Believe cpr had some in not that long ago and also had some silver phase ones in for £1000 a pair if i have the right snake :whistling2:

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice, will keep an eye on cpr then, thanks

they are stunning things...i'm not after any (yet), as i've got all i can handle (or afford) for a bit, but just to see some pics. they're reportedly quite docile (this coming from a book that called all retics aggressive and almost all bloods:devil:, but was otherwise a pretty cool and exhaustive book on pythons by Jerry Walls)...and their white eyes look great. also, they have different colouration as babies.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
their distribution is also really small so i expect that doesn't help...hopefully someone somewhere is working on breeding them. i think you're absolutely right, an ideal pet species. cute, beautiful, docile...and evidently they like their food!

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just googled them.

Instantly want one. Now to trawl various forums in search of information and breeders.
yes, i think for now i've got enough lol...but i have a feeling i may need one or two of these someday. i love the look of them

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
They are an absolutely stunning species! :mf_dribble:

Snakes and Adders in Sheffield have a CB11 female in, if any-bodies interested.

I also believe Christian Castille (use to be wildlifewarrior on here) breeds them.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
I nearly bought a group the other month from crystal palace reptiles as they had the wild type and the silver savu's imported fromm US breeder. Thankfully they went to more capable hands than mine which was good as I meant I then had more space for more carpets.
From what I remember another reptile shop was in on the import and also had some savu's from it. If I dig up the name I will post you a link.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
I think Chaz gets these in fairly regularly at Snakes n Adders, I've certainly seen them on his lists on a few occasions. Nice looking critters, no rival for a good white lipped python in my opinion but they certainly are beautiful.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for all the info, everyone:no1:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

there you go. this one is incredibly defensive in the viv but once out is fine. hope this helps
flipping stunning, mate!
hopefully this thread stirs up a bit of popularity for them...for myself, it may take a few years, but i'll be after them eventually: victory:

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
she is a looker! i love the ornate colouration she has and the lovely white eyes!
very nice mate!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.