Reptile Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My female white lipped python got caught in the act of shedding tonight and thought I'd grab a couple of snaps.

She's CB and generally calm unlike the male that I have who is the spawn of satan!!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Love White Lipped Pythons, how long have you kept them, do you plan on breeding?

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

They had been on my wish list for a few years before the opportunity to get a CB pair came up.

I've only had these for about 6 months or so.
She is quite chilled out and doesn't mind being handled.

Once they are mature enough the plan is on breeding them but I've a long way to go with them first!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Looking great Em...can't believe it's been 6 months already!

You should try and get something in there for size reference....I'd love to see how they've grown

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking great Em...can't believe it's been 6 months already!

You should try and get something in there for size reference....I'd love to see how they've grown
Yeah with the male will hanging off my face do!!!

He's a big bruiser now but she's still really small? The eat the same as each other and are on weaner rats?

Any ideas?

And Oh How Original, they are so worth it.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Great looking indeed!
Really love white-lips, but they are the only snake to make me really jump (and bleed!) with their speed. Can move so fast when big and are pretty accurate.
Great snakes all round :thumb:

Tom

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Yeah with the male will hanging off my face do!!!

He's a big bruiser now but she's still really small? The eat the same as each other and are on weaner rats?

Any ideas?

And Oh How Original, they are so worth it.
He was always bigger mate...I half thought he was at least 9 months older than she was despite being sold as cb12....he could well have been born mid/late 2011

All I can say is slow and steady

Keep them nice and slim....they take a while to mature.

It's a shame as I had a whole feeding idea worked out I was going to try

Was basically little and often, feeding once a week on small prey until they were about 2...and then gradually going to maximum size prey over longer periods to try and build up the neck and head

No real reason, just wanted to try it!!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Actually, there was a reason!!

You remember my beautiful big girl Honey?

She loved big prey and I used to feed her jumbo rats or small rabbits every 3/4 weeks...

However Bruce refuses anything bigger than a small/medi rat

The size difference in the heads was massive....Honeys head filled my palm whereas Bruce is really quite delicate despite being a similar age (around 8-10)

My current female wlp (yes I know I'm naughty but couldn't resist an adult female!!) is about 5 years old and she's also a small prey eater and a similar build to Bruce

I think I just wanted to see whether Honey was an anomaly or whether the prey size made a difference over time

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Great looking indeed!
Really love white-lips, but they are the only snake to make me really jump (and bleed!) with their speed. Can move so fast when big and are pretty accurate.
Great snakes all round :thumb:

Tom
It's funny you say this Tom (and I think we've discussed this before), but for me, whitelips are so easy to read and deal with

Once you come to terms with the fact they jerk about when aggravated....and are noisy so and so's along with it, they are so easy to handle

All I've dealt with have been very viv defensive but fine once out

They have such an undeserved reputation

Mind you....I guess you're the same with your Boiga!!

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Actually, there was a reason!!

You remember my beautiful big girl Honey?

She loved big prey and I used to feed her jumbo rats or small rabbits every 3/4 weeks...

However Bruce refuses anything bigger than a small/medi rat

The size difference in the heads was massive....Honeys head filled my palm whereas Bruce is really quite delicate despite being a similar age (around 8-10)

My current female wlp (yes I know I'm naughty but couldn't resist an adult female!!) is about 5 years old and she's also a small prey eater and a similar build to Bruce

I think I just wanted to see whether Honey was an anomaly or whether the prey size made a difference over time
Glad you have another lady!!

I've kept them slim, I give them chicks sometimes which they love.

I'm happy to let them grow and mature at their own pace like all my snakes.
TBH feeding wise I'm treating them like the womas as they seem to have the same insatiable appitite as them so just because they will eat I'm not going to feed!

Will keep you posted on them.

Stunning snakes, when are the baby's due lol?
Lol about 2020????

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Glad you have another lady!!

I've kept them slim, I give them chicks sometimes which they love.

I'm happy to let them grow and mature at their own pace like all my snakes.
TBH feeding wise I'm treating them like the womas as they seem to have the same insatiable appitite as them so just because they will eat I'm not going to feed!

Will keep you posted on them.

Lol about 2020????
I should have plucked up the courage by then, give me a shout when you have mini white lipped :lol2:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts