Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, my white's has been croaking 4 or 5 times a night, often a few hours apart. This is very frustrating because it wakes me up and i dont realize what woke me until he does it again a few sleepless hours later. I have been thinking about putting his whole cage somewhere else at night but he has to be where he lives now theres no where else he can move permanently. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with this?

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Your probably gonna have to get used to it!! unfortunately it's what they do! :) noises can set them off and when it breeding season they are even worse...unless you can put him somewhere you won't hear him be prepared to be woken!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your probably gonna have to get used to it!! unfortunately it's what they do! :) noises can set them off and when it breeding season they are even worse...unless you can put him somewhere you won't hear him be prepared to be woken!!
Thats what i was afraid of haha

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
maybe you snore if they are doing it when your asleep. maybe you annoy them as much as they annoy you :lol2:
haha thats what i was thinking! Mine only croak when stimulated to by sounds like the vacuum (a rare event!) or the tv or radio, he particularly likes the jurassic park theme!

If hes really driving you crazy then all i can suggest, other than moving him, is a) if hes in with females then separate them, or b) put a dark towel over the tank when you go to bed, it may reduce stimulus making him croak, and he wont mind the dark, he'd probably like it! May work or may not but its worth a try!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didnt consider the possibility of my snoring causing him to croak haha. I have woken him up earlier lately and he has stopped doing it. So it seems like that somehow solved it. Also If i feed him durring the day instead of waiting until he is awake at night, he makes no noise at night.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts