Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've had my whites tree frog for about 1 year now, hes recently been put in a new tank and hes doing well, he is healthy and still eats alot. So i'm not concerned; but just last week he started to sleep on the glass in the tank and I thought it was strange. He has been sleeping on the glass in the same spot every day all day until he wakes up. He has been in his new tank for 2 months, and he has slept inside of a fake plastic log since i got him which he still has. Does anyone know why he would so suddenly decide to sleep in a completely different spot? Especially on the glass?

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
When i first researched into my whites i was told that healthy frogs tend to sleep up high. when i 1st got them they slept on the glass, but everytime they move tanks they choose a different spot. They are very much creatures of habit and will sleep in the same spot everynight, and then will randomy change places!!

i wouldnt worry, it probably likes the view!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats funny because his tank is touching my fish tank and the frog is fascinated with my fish. When he wakes up at night he sits on top of the log I mentioned and stares into the fish tank and this is the same tank wall that he has been sleeping on.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
he prob wants to eat the fish.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Yea, when i get my cricket keeper out mine all come and stare at the tub then start lunging at it! I always worry they'll hurt their noses but its so damned funny!

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
lol so cruel :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont know if he wants to eat them or not. The fish are black moore goldfish and are both easily twice his size but he loves to watch them.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
whites will try to eat anything that moves, even you hand.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hehe- my frog always lunges at the black tube that i use to shake my crickets in to his cage. He also eyed up my hamster when she ran past his cage and he is only 4 months old and not very big!!

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
lol yeah mine used to watch my mouse and hamsters :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts