·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any 1 ??

·
Registered
64 Posts
hey , i have a lep gecko but my friend has had a BD for about 3 years now and has fed him pinkies quiet alot and all has gone well, a good sorce of vitamins i think, just make sure they arnt to big

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mines a year old is he 2 young ??

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
i think they should only be offered as a treat guys, not all the time so dont make it part of weekly/monthly diet

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think they should only be offered as a treat guys, not all the time so dont make it part of weekly/monthly diet

i dont mean 2 add them 2 hiz diet i mean as a treat but how often ???

·
Registered
64 Posts
once every 2/3 months i would say,,, any else say the same?

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
all depends on the dragon really, if he's a good eater and eats his greens/ crix/ locusts / mealworms then hardly ever, he should be a good weght

some beardies are fussy, mine hates veg, but i'm still trying ha ha

·
Registered
64 Posts
all depends on the dragon really, if he's a good eater and eats his greens/ crix/ locusts / mealworms then hardly ever, he should be a good weght

some beardies are fussy, mine hates veg, but i'm still trying ha ha

lol i am trying to get my crics to eat apple and potato but its not happenin, i just dont want to give me lep gek shit food what shall i do ?

·
2,141 Posts
at a year old i'dsay there old enought but as rasperandy said don't have it as part of there weekly or monthly diet there extremely high in fat, and to many can cause health problems. an obese Bd is not good at all, but by all means let them have them, i know i will once ours are older :p maybe a mouse now and then too but im unsure what the risks are so i'll probably leave that until i know more.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
lol i am trying to get my crics to eat apple and potato but its not happenin, i just dont want to give me lep gek shit food what shall i do ?
put veg in with them.something green and leafy....some times apple is a bit sharp (to taste) for crix and i have found potatoe goes brown to quick and looses its moisture so the crix wont eat it

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
like said before be careful with pinkies they have a high content of fat the beardies livers aren't really meant to cope with. I would say best for maybe a breeding female who needs the fat reserves but apart from that I wouldn't feed a beardie pinkies more than twice a year, really they shouldn't and don't need it at all

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
My Beardie wont touch pinkies. He acutally turns his nose up at them :)

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
my brother in law has fed his one pinkies but only once and his one loved them

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well like i said i wont add them 2 hiz diet just for a treat !!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts