Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well had the snakes out on my bed for a while and the cat came in for a nap as he usually does, was abit cautious at first but since i trust my pets i let them each have a good look and smell of each other.

to my suprise rat bag went to sleep and this is what the latest one of them did

smoow just used him as a climbing frame but jim wasnt bothered

lazy git is still asleep, not even fireworks phase him :lol:

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
:shock: :lol: well i was expecting 2 diffrent snakes together lol give it a few years then see if they get along still :p

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nah wont give them the chance when older, my cat trusts me and i trust him so i knew he wouldnt go for them.

i have trust in my pets, if a snake can make a friend with a mouse, i dont see why i cant be for other animals.

granted i was nervous as hell when they first came in contact but by their reactions to each other knew neither one of them was going to do anything, and if the worse did come to pass there was 2 people in the room. doubt ill be doing it on a regular basis but if they keep coming in contact with each other im hoping they will tolerate each other, so that if they do escape and come across each other it wont end up as jim being a meal. they were quite happily cuddled up with each other for a while

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
if a snake can make a friend with a mouse, i dont see why i cant be for other animals.

yeah i sopose lol

·
Registered
577 Posts
hehe that is mint, not something i'll be trying but great all the same :D

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
thats brilliant. your cats braver than my dog. he's even scared of my 14 inch baby corn

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jims a git, he intentionally walks over roads to go and attack dogs, even seen him chasing a baby fox once :shock: thought he was a gonner for sure but came back :D not even being hit by a car slowed him down that much, just had to walk up the stairs like an old man, that was it :lol:

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
im not that lucky willow my cat saw hissyfit 2day and started pawing the viv dont think ill ever introduce them especially as i have baby aswell when willow finds out i think shes gonna pack her kitty litter and move out :lol:

·
Registered
301 Posts
just wait until that snakes a bit bigger,your thinking 'aint that cute',he's thinking 'mmm dinner!' :lol:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Erm... I wouldn't say that was a good idea really - no matter how much you trust them they are both still animals which will act on instinct from time to time. One wrong move from the boa and the cat could kill it, or at least seriously injure it.

And as dumbblonde said, if the cat's around when the boas fully grown the cat is, potentially, dinner.

Not meaning to have a go or anything, but as far as I'm concerned snakes and other pets just don't need to mix. Sorry! :D

·
Registered
52,162 Posts
hey, let my 3 foot corn meet the dog ( a german shepard who pisses its self on contact with anything other than humans due to a kicking off 3 staffys), the dog was very weirdly not phased until the snake got a fright and struck the dog on the nosed but she was a good girl n held her water lol

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
I wouldn't let my cat come near my snakes. I know my cat oh too well! lost two of my sisters hamsters, lost fish and everything because of my cat, mind you he was a wild kitten when we got him lol. So yeah, end of the day my cat isn't going near my snakes :D

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
aye i know he will be dinner when there bigger :( but im trying to avoid if they strike at the glass, break it and go for him scenario instead of ignoring him.

granted that i always close the door behind me when i leave the room the snakes are in but nether the less, other people may not be so careful, hence if he does get in, the boas wont see him as a meal so to speak.

all 3 werent bothered by each other in the slightest, just my cat doesnt like my dragon :lol: havnt tried bernie with him yet but that is a combo i am very warery off, since he is alot more stronger than the two female boas i have

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
weelad said:
:shock: :lol: well i was expecting 2 diffrent snakes together lol give it a few years then see if they get along still :p
beat me to it lol

·
Registered
401 Posts
my dog leaves the room when i bring any of my snakes out lol

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
Lol, i wish my cat was dopey,he's one of those 24/7 predator cats, sees something he'll attack, even though he's about 14 of our years he still chases my mum and sister up the stairs going for their ankles, quite amusing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts