1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
Nice broom. What is it with you and witch related items? :lol2:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Cool, coming on well, i didnt think you could use twin wall polly carb to MAKE the viv, let me know how it comes along/how you do it, i would love to try it myself!!

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Dude i thought i was slow,man i'd be 256 before this gets sorted...OMG and thats real harsh, cause i've been patiently wanting to see whats gonna happen with this for so long now,i still think its gonna be an absolute stormer but c'mon mate some of us ain't got too long left on planet earth,see how considerate i am of Richie:whistling2:
i was so gutted he looked at me blankly when i asked him how much his ornamental leaks were too,and he was gonna give me stick:lol2:
ok mate i'll stop being a silly sod tis a good start,i really like the way the soil blends into the grass...oh yeah.....hmmm nice carpet,see mate what goes around:whistling2:
i'm a bad person and i'll repent tomorrow,but tonite i'll just smile : victory:cause today should have been so much worse So much worse
i'm sorry:lol2:
Stu

·
Registered
25,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As if the damn broom is mine!

Leaks? Leaks? What is all this about leaks?

Previously I had money and I was slow, now I'm working to a budget so it's going to be seriously snail speed.

The roof is on, just drying. I'll be adding some more GG and earth plus a few tree fern panels tomorrow, plus divider for the water area. I may add some misting holes but I can't be bothered to think about positioning yet. 8 holes total plus 4 for fans will be going in.

Total cost so far is around £80. £35 of that on GG and silicone. I've used a lot, a total of 9.5 x 2 ft of wall to do.

·
Registered
25,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

It hasn't sealed as tightly as I'd hoped, what I plan to do is run a thick line of GG along each join in an attempt to both waterproof it and add extra support.

The background has a few gaps which I need to go over.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
so is all the front,water mate? going off the bit of TW just below the back bit? yeah i know times is hard bro but so want to see what ya come up with, just pour moi get yer skates on:2thumb:
Stu

·
Registered
25,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There will be water in the front, once this side is dry I'll show you where exactly I'm having it. The divider is next to go in, not sure on depth yet, possibly 15cm deepest with a gentle bank.

·
Registered
25,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's still very light with most of the sides covered. I can lift it with ease, it will probably double at least with substrate and plants in. Then more so with water, but I can empty that if I need to move it. If anyone remembers my goals were to make this easy to move and cheap.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
yeah i do mate totally remember the goals.Before i started room malarky could cut glass the TW was the logical method of building a viv,insultates better etc.etc.etc.,just the old glass i use is cheeper so learnt what was needed to do the do,nothing more, my room on my wage is just impossilbe dude, i just wanna see it done ,tis like all these when you've a good idea what someone can do and your willing them on to do just that bit more,not like i'm applying pressure or sommit but ya know,where i'm comming from (all good all +).i remember some stuff to a frightening level other stuff well just dumb as:censor:,but always c'mon mate show me what ya got:mf_dribble:, not a bad mantra
c'mon mate bring it on
rooting for ya
Stu

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Looking good, i'm building a new rack, so I plan on building a double viv out of polycarb for the Vanzos and another species.

Are you going for a polycarb roof? As I was going to, but I am unsure as to how much of the XPGs light will be diffused / wasted.

I'll be watching this with interest.

·
Registered
25,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah what you see there is the roof. I'll be adding another twin wall "hood" on top of that but as it's not necessary for the function of the viv it will be the last thing I do. I have 3 x 60cm T5 units which I'm hoping is enough light. 2 at the back one in the middle/front. I'd rather have slower growth than I do now tbh.....None of you want to buy some cuttings do you? I'm overrun with p.scandens, aluminium plant and some random climbers.

I'm quite pleased with how it's coming along, added some GG in places and it's much stronger now, just wish I was planting!

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Cool this is making me want to build something :)

·
Registered
25,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Drainage layer supports in, front panel attached, just need to order and add runners then the actual viv is pretty much finished.

Won't be long before frogs are in.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts