Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bred a caramel to a butter motley i imported in 2003
i have never bred the butter motley before this was his first year .. i had other species i was breeding that got in the way. so this old project had its first chance this year lol
so i was expecting caramels with the hope the caramel was atleast het amel and maybe even het motley .. the first egg hatched a butter motley so it confirmed the hets i was wanting.
now i have never bred caramels and i know they can be dark before the first few sheds.. these are to anery looking which has confused me a little
as it makes no sense really that back then the butter motley where being was fairly new .so to have anery bred into it .. some thoughts of her retaining sperm have gone through my head from the previous owner ?
ok heres a few pics
dark caramels or anerys..

this ones very small the others are chunky

last one

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
It does rather look like you have an anery motley and an anery there. Usually neonate caramels have at least a *little* yellow on the neck, but I'm not seeing any.

If you don't see any color change within a couple sheds, you can safely say anery at that point.

As to the anery in the butter motley... If the caramel grandparent was bred to a snow, or an amel het anery to make the caramel amel hets, the anery could tag along.

I know a breeder who had caramel pop up in her lava line; she was quite surprised to hatch out a topaz.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks i think its will be just a waiting game on these.. i only hatched out a few
caramels themselves including a caramel motley there could also be a snow to ..
i have not bred corns for such a long time doh!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts