Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
guess :devil:

if you want a lot then you may be able to do a deal with your local.... like 300 neons, or 100 corys..... kind of thing...:whistling2:

·
Registered
199 Posts
hi dan !!! i guess it depends on what you call wholesale prices ??? im not to shure if im honest but i have found the odd website offering things in bigger numbers for lower prices .ie 100 neons @ 25p each that typ of thing !!

·
Registered
731 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
my local used to do me at cost... because they knew I could go trade.... i used to sell fish to wholesalers :mrgreen: ...( and their buyer/rep collected)

but for most , well end of the day a shop has overheads & must make a profit to pay bills & wages, holidays etc..

·
Registered
731 Posts
You'll be lucky lol.
You could look into importing direct from S E Asia or somewhere like that. I have heard of people doing that before. Although you would need to get quite a lot of fish to make it worth your while. The prices are amazing though, literally pennies for some of the bread and butter fish.

·
Registered
35 Posts
importing works when you are looking at 10-12+ boxes, ( under 100kg total weight airfreight is truly horrendous) otherwise the agent, shipping and handling fees make it a no go

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Wholesale prices are not really to discriminate between shops and public buyers, but rather to sell in large bulk, for example the site you quote is a minimum buy of £75, say you wanted neons at 25p each you'd need to sign up to 300 fish, which you'd then have to do something with!
I buy wholesale regularly for an ebay business (products, not live animals) and only occasionally have I been asked for a business name at which point I just give my ebay shop name.

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
need a license to run a pet shop... silly...

here in the states you merely need a tax I.D. number... just go downtown and get a business license for $50 bucks and viola!... you're in business with a tax exempt number and anyone will sell to you wholesale...

i bet you need a license to run a bait shop there...:lol2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts