Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It wasnt easy i had to wait till he went to eat a mealworm and then shove it in his mouth! lol He ate it ok though!

My new question is! lol How often can he have them to build him up?

Thanks
xxxx

·
Registered
391 Posts
hi i was told they r very fattening, so it depends how how old he is, what he is and his weigh.

sorry new to this forum so not sure if you have posted before about you Obi

·
Registered
17,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for reply.

Yeh Obi has had some problems with his health worms and an infection in his stomach so im trying tyo get his weight back up hence the fatty pinkies...Just not sure if i can give him one a week or if that will damage him!

thanks
x

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
pixie_bex, I cant see any harm in giving your beardie a treat once a week...sure, they say pinkies are fattening, but also consider the benefits of a pinkie, especially if your beardie is underweight and has suffered health problems...Is he active...male beardies can be lazy, you do not want him to gain too much weight.
It was unusual for him to have suffered from worms and a stomach infection...I would offer a pinkie every 7 to 10 days, see how he goes, also look for regurge too :wink: ...T.T. 8)

oh, I better display my beardie sig. in this section :roll: :oops: :lol: :wink: ...

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
pixie wen i wokred at the pet shop we gave the beardies pinks every 8 days and TT cool sig dude :D

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I'd love to feed mine a pinky, but i'd be afraid if he did'nt digest it properly of seeing it when it comes out the other end. lmao
:shock:

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Pinkies are fine for a beardie just not in large quantities... People generally feed them to Gravid females to build them up but my leo and dragons get a treat every other month of a small pink. No hard inn it at all if a lizard is underweight.

·
Registered
17,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for your replies guys and girls!

Im gonna give him another one on Thursday then it would be a week....

T.T im unsure if it was an infection the vet put him straight on antibiotics while he was testing him for other things and said that could be the case so im unsure if it was both.... He is perking up a bit now but hates being in his viv!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts