Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a few snakes, corns, BP, a common boa which I just loved but the missis went mad about the size. So I was ploding along with my BP its a nice snake but lets be honest a little boring, and the feeding response well we all know what they can be like. So I have bought a Crawl cay dwarf boa WOW what a cool snake, feeding respons amazing, it has a personality looks stunning, powerfull, friendly, the list goes on. Is this really the best all round snake to have which has it all ,would love to hear everyones thoughts. But I have to say boas do rock. peace.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Easy answer.. yes. I don't have the dwarf boas I have the full size B.C.I's.
A lot of people tend to get worried about the size but really a full size B.C.I isn't actually THAT big and if you get it when it's young you kind of grow with it. They eat anything that is shoved in their face and are known to be pretty friendly though don't say that around my baby girl Chrome she would have you to believe shes venomous, all talk she is though. Can be viv defensive but I find snakes with a slight attitude more fun to keep. I love my ball python but hes just a tard.

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
I keep both but Crawl Cays are special to me. My male is 3 years old and less than 3 feet and slender with it and weighs no more than 450g. Eats like a trooper and apart from the occasional hissy fit is as gentle as a sponge. My female however is a bitch.
I love they way they change colour and the green sheen is great.

·
Registered
7,602 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
i don't have any type of boa, though i will agree with you that to me they are the most beautiful and enticing group of snakes that i have come across.

along with sand boas, dwarf boas are undoubtedly the most tempting snakes and as soon as i am out of this bastard student accomodation in which my snake must remain hidden, i am goin to go nutso with these!

massive respect for loving dwarf boas, wish i had some!

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
i don't have any type of boa, though i will agree with you that to me they are the most beautiful and enticing group of snakes that i have come across.

along with sand boas, dwarf boas are undoubtedly the most tempting snakes and as soon as i am out of this bastard student accomodation in which my snake must remain hidden, i am goin to go nutso with these!

massive respect for loving dwarf boas, wish i had some!
Language! Children use this forum to...

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Agree. bci are probably the perfect pet snake! easily available, easy to feed, easy to handle, placid and curious personalities, sizes from 2.5ft right through to +10ft. locality boas for the purists, morphs for ppl that want something a bit more colourful and prices at both ends of the spectrum.

As said earlier a lot of ppl look a dwarf boa's as an alternative to a full sized boa, which it gr8, however a male common (non dwarf bci) doesnt grow too big.

I keep various dwarf bci, and "full pint" boa's and all are amazing. I do keep other snakes carpets/corns/royals but boas are the nuts.

I do admit when funds permit I am considering a super dwarf retic.
: victory:

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I have a hog island and a common, and they're the best snakes I have, especially the hog.:flrt:

Amazing temperaments, decent size and just plain awesomeness. Boas also have the best looking heads of any snake. Well, boas as in all the boa constrictor subspecies, anaconda heads are a tad on the ugly side.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
weather somthing is amazing depends on what it is compared to.
it is all relative,

but then anything compared to a certain popular species, that dose nothing and have to keep checking to see if it still alive.

that is why i like boas there active,ussualy tame, plus loads of other good points

·
Registered
27,924 Posts
I have a female crawl cay and she's got such a calm gentle nature, only hissed at me once and feeds like a greedy pig, she's never missed a feed since I've had her, she's great to handle too and is really inquisitive about her surroundings when out.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Boas also have the best looking heads of any snake. Well, boas as in all the boa constrictor subspecies, anaconda heads are a tad on the ugly side.
totally agree, the whole spades thing some of their heads have going on is out of this world, and the pics of the candoia boa that dude posted recently are flabbergastin!

i do think anaconda heads are super cute though, and just anacondas in general - though i would not get one. shame you can't get a superdwarf haha as then i may be tempted. to be honest i dont want a snake that can reach 20 feet and cost the world to keep, i think that having a snake that i can hold entirely off of the floor by myself with ease is as large as i would go, also my girlfriend would not allow it.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Agree. bci are probably the perfect pet snake! easily available, easy to feed, easy to handle, placid and curious personalities, sizes from 2.5ft right through to +10ft. locality boas for the purists, morphs for ppl that want something a bit more colourful and prices at both ends of the spectrum.

As said earlier a lot of ppl look a dwarf boa's as an alternative to a full sized boa, which it gr8, however a male common (non dwarf bci) doesnt grow too big.

I keep various dwarf bci, and "full pint" boa's and all are amazing. I do keep other snakes carpets/corns/royals but boas are the nuts.

I do admit when funds permit I am considering a super dwarf retic.
: victory:
Defo go for a super dwarf Retic.... YOU WON'T REGRET IT!

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
boas are just awesome my collection is now swinging more towards boas than other snakes.
my first was william a 7ft BCI

then came the crawl cay het anery a couple of weeks ago

and this morning a 3 month old common boa who tagged me as soon as i handled him

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I like my women like my Boas...common :whistling2:
Love this quote lol
I ADORE commons, my female is a hissy ball of air, never struck but she keeps us on the right side of knowning she has it in her, my little male is a pussy cat

1 - 20 of 31 Posts