Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They may be the cheapest bidder and have a larger network but come on chaps you can do better.

Your definitely not getting your moneys worth and neither is the customer by using them.

If it isn't the 7:30 to 5:30 window they have to deliver (which wastes your entire day). You have them saying they tried to deliver and left a card when they did not, so your customer is paying for a service they have not received and city-link Carry's on regardless.

Have any of you big company's actually been inside a city-link warehouse? the amount of items that get swept up and dumped at the end of the shift would make you weep.

A choice between city-link and royal mail, i choose royal mail every time, you get a better ETA and customer service. (Unlike when i ventured into the Birmingham branch today....which was truly appalling) And they actually take action when you have a complaint (they legally have too unlike city-link)

The countless comments that i have read online with people who say that they would shop at such and such place if only they did not use city-link, google the name with key words and yo will see for yourselves.

The staff don't seem to care anymore ( if infact they ever did) plus they have ongoing redundancies so the staff who are left are being replaced with agency staff? which costs more than having there own employed staff?

If the company that you are asking to represent you, is not capable of looking after it's own house why employ them?

Please do your customers and potential customers a favour and find a delivery firm that is capable of actually delivering.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Mate

We use City Link every day at work and thay are good on price and do have a large network (not a bad thing)Thay also do deliverys Pre 7.30m Pre 9.30 pre 10.30 and pre 12.00 all at extra cost of cause.As for them saying cards have been left and they havent have to agree with you only real problem we get with them but I find the more info you can put on a parcel/label the better(ie phone number if can not find property)and such leaves out room for excuses on there part.Not seen inside one of there warehouses so can not comment on that.As for the staff some are more helpfull than others but you get that any where.On a whole dont think there as bad as you have made out.

Matt

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My comments are not an exaggeration, even the staff at the Branch that i worked at have said what i have stated.
They are supposed to take pictures of any homes that have no reply as proof.

I have seen items get swept up and dumped, packages broken and re tapedwith no explanation written down to the customer as to why that expensive tool set has items missing!

They may be cheap and have a bigger network but the service is shocking.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I have received hundreds of deliveries from City Link without problem. Everything that was supposed to arrive next day has done so, undamaged. Might it be a depot to depot variation?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I have been inside City Link at a place near Leicester.
To be honest it looked like a tip.
Took them ages to find my 'undelivered' item.
I have also seen how they load the vans...........very hit n miss, as in hitting the side of the van or missing completely.:bash:

By choice I would go RM but I don't always get the choice.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I'd be surprised if it was much different what ever the delivery company. Very few staff at Royal Mail will treat your packages with any more respect.

Moving and sorting parcels and letters under pressure isn't the most engaging job in the world and a lot of staff hate their working day. Inconsiderate and stinky attitudes aren't uncommon in these places.

Just package your items properly and, so long as it reaches the other end in one piece, don't think about it too much.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
My comments are not an exaggeration, even the staff at the Branch that i worked at have said what i have stated.
They are supposed to take pictures of any homes that have no reply as proof.

I have seen items get swept up and dumped, packages broken and re tapedwith no explanation written down to the customer as to why that expensive tool set has items missing!

They may be cheap and have a bigger network but the service is shocking.

Sounds like a disgruntled ex employee.:whistling2:

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't see how waisting a whole day waiting for someone to turn up when they do not as great service. At least with RM i know what time they will come.

Reactions: devilsofdarkness
1 - 9 of 9 Posts