Reptile Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its not hard sell a trio of geckos in a viv and 2 hovabators.no you hold them for 2 weeks people dont turn up people insist they are coming want your address and tel no,then their not allowed them and pull out .they want to meet 60 miles away they want stuff delivered and want to give you less than you want. i try to keep the house tidy the boys under control,2 are special needs if they do turn up at my house you all know who you are and this is why im stopping to breed reps its not worth the hassle. if you want to buy something check with the people you live with ,check that you can afford it and stop messing sellers around.you only got 1 life so stop wasting it :cussing:

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
its not hard sell a trio of geckos in a viv and 2 hovabators.no you hold them for 2 weeks people dont turn up people insist they are coming want your address and tel no,then their not allowed them and pull out .they want to meet 60 miles away they want stuff delivered and want to give you less than you want. i try to keep the house tidy the boys under control,2 are special needs if they do turn up at my house you all know who you are and this is why im stopping to breed reps its not worth the hassle. if you want to buy something check with the people you live with ,check that you can afford it and stop messing sellers around.you only got 1 life so stop wasting it :cussing:
Yeah there are alot of people trying to get something for nothing these days. Or just pis*ing about and wasting time, of which could have been used on an actual sale.

·
Registered
25,692 Posts
Sounds like the story of my life!

I've even had people buy things off me and then contact me a few weeks later and say "the wife says I can't have it, I need a refund", or "the landlord found out... gimme my cash back", which is a nightmare! Ask your spouse, landlord, kids, bank manager etc. before you commit to anything and certainly before you buy it.

The worst of all timewasters are the ones that arrange to meet you at a 2-3 hour drive away and then never turn up and switch their phones off - happened to me twice before I started taking deposits.

·
Banned
745 Posts
the worst is when you've been planning a pick up for a week, can't get the seller to leave you alone after you give them your phone number, then you find out they don't look after their reps so you still want to buy but you don't know what state they will be in let alone the house you have to go in to get them!!! and them they fall trough and have the cheek to say it was you lol, some people make me laugh!!

G

·
you have to ignore the messers theres way to many people who want somthing for nothing these days and some real cheeky sods floating around as well

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I'm sorry ur having such hassles. We bought a viv off you and it all went really smoothly, we were really pleased.

Jo

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks jo yes it was a smooth transaction i just wish all the rest were like it, that and the price of reps is why im not doing it anymore not worth the hassle.hows the snake that was going in it.lol

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
We're having a move round tomorrow and putting Axel, one of the boas in. I've tried explaining he's having a nice new home, but to be honest he didn't seem that excited!?! I don't know, so unappreciating. Lol!!

Perhaps you should breed reps, give them away free, and deliver for nothing? I bet you people wouldn't waste ur time then!:whistling2:

Jo

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
we get a lot of time wasters :(

which is why i'm now taking deposits.. i don't like doing it, but i have to, to make sure people actually turn up.

if they don't come when they say they will, the deposit is forfeit, and it goes back on sale the next day...

i hate being mean. but i get messed about that much that i have to do something! lol

sami

·
Registered
125 Posts
gota speak for the buyer aswell ive tried several times to buy snakes of here just to be messed about like waitin a price,pics and bein told ill get bk to you hangin around has caused me to miss out on other stuff and probley caused me to mess other people about as i cant give an answer as im waitin an answer from someone else :bash:

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
gota speak for the buyer aswell ive tried several times to buy snakes of here just to be messed about like waitin a price,pics and bein told ill get bk to you hangin around has caused me to miss out on other stuff and probley caused me to mess other people about as i cant give an answer as im waitin an answer from someone else :bash:

Well just prioritise then.. Dont as questions about one reptile for sale if you have interest in someone elses because one way or another you are farting around. There are people selling their reps whether thinning down collection or livestock offspring everyday on this forum. If a seller ends up selling it and doesnt get back to you it just happens most do this as part of a hobby and have full time jobs on top.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
I had a beaut the other day - drove out for an hour and a half - well my o/h did as I can't drive that far at the moment also took my daughter. we waited for an hour in mcdonalds carpark in the pouring rain and heard nothing from them (I know I should have taken their mobile - but they had mine:bash:). We headed home and after an hour got a call from them saying they had got lost. My O/H being lovley said we'd turn back and meet them half way.

3/4 hour later and only 7 miles from the original meeting point they stop ansering their phone. Having texted them to tell them where we are waiting. No answer. After another half an hour we head back home! Took 5 hours in all!!!!

funny thing was I got a snotty call from them saying they had been involved in an accident but from thier description it could of only happened on the road we were travelling back and forth on......and guess what there was no accident there!

I was so cross!:whip:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well just prioritise then.. Dont as questions about one reptile for sale if you have interest in someone elses because one way or another you are farting around. There are people selling their reps whether thinning down collection or livestock offspring everyday on this forum. If a seller ends up selling it and doesnt get back to you it just happens most do this as part of a hobby and have full time jobs on top.
sometimes its nessesary to ask more than one as 2 people may have the same breed of snake and mite be nice to find out which is the nicest and best value this isnt as u say farting around as i work full time to i dont have the luxury of going round the shops

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
This happens all the time and not just to do with reptiles.

Earlier this year, Easter actually so the roads were horrendous, I travelled over 150miles to meet up with a woman who had offered a home to two rescue rats we had taken in.
We waited for two hours in a motorway cafe (Pontefract) car park with the rats in the car getting hotter by the minute.
We left and got a call, after we got home, saying that the people had 'been wandering around the car park for ages' and 'couldn't see my car'.
I drive the ugliest, 20 yr old, Daihatsu Sportrak that you cannot miss if there were a million cars and we parked directly at the only entrance to the car park so we knew that was rubbish.
This was two rats that I wasn't charging for with brand new cage and accessories.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Totally agree!

When i first started selling Beardies i had a lot of timewasters! for example, Kept emailing asking silly questions, kept phoning so I removed my number, asking "Do i really need this piece of equipment!" And then eventually when D-Day came along i would be left waiting....

Another one...I don't mind people phoning me after they have taken there Beardie but sometimes i really feel there taking the mick, I give them advise on there setups and care advise only to find out that they have ignored me totally and are wondering why there Beardie is not eating? or sleepy. I can go on & on but i won't, lol.

Then once i sorted out Becky's Beardies i decided to take deposits! amazing how many people tell ya there send a deposit and nothing arrives. So saves you a lot of agro in the long run.

By the way, when you get an email from someone interested in your animals make sure you ask how old they are! As i've had loads of "KIDS" emailing me and wasting my time. But you can kinda tell from there email anyway.

Best thing to do, Is read any replies and ask yourself "Is this a timewaster?" cos i guarantee 95% of the tme your be right!.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts