Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
This is in the wrong section so the mods may want to move it.

As per your question, to me it does look like it is the result of bad sheds. I have seen similar scale problems on other colubrids who have had bad sheds due to insufficient humidity. Alternatively, but less likely from the look of it in my opinion, it could be scaring as a result of some previous injury or trauma.

In my personal opinion I would not take the snake to the vet, unless you wanted to for piece of mind. As long as the skin is not broken and the wound is closed, it should not be a problem. I imagine that with a few good sheds this will clear up.

Milk snakes don't need particularly high humidity, but during the next shed you could try misting the enclosure or using a humid hide with some sphagnum moss in it to enable to snake to shed it's skin more effectively.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Sometimes mine scuff their scales like that but when they shed it sorts them out.

·
Registered
414 Posts
this has happened to mine before (result of tape in the tub i bought him in i think) after a shed or so it should clear up perfectly fine, :2thumb:

Reactions: Est2014snakes
1 - 5 of 5 Posts