Reptile Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
normal playsand will be fine.. calci sand is also bad as you dont know how much may of been eaten so there is no way of telling if ure beardie is getting enough or too much calcium..
alot of rep shops give calci sand away in their set ups.. personaly i think it should be stated very clearly the dangers of the stuff and shouldnt be given to any one starting a setup.. if some one is new to rep keeping and buys there rep setup etc and you find sand in it ure bound to think well a rep shop isnt going to give me something harmful..needs to stop!: victory:
i agree! when i bought my hatchling beardie, 6 weeks old they gave me calci sand and as i wasnt experienced i used it!! (this was before i found this site) he then got what i thought was impaction, so we took him back to the shop and got an adult:) who is now very happy with another beardie (not from that shop!!):D:D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.