Reptile Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would someone please explain to me why there are such a huge amount of pictures in the Lizard Help & Chat section?

I understand why people post their new reps in that section as they naturally want people to see them, are excited about their new reps and they get a higher viewing than in the picture section - this really doesn't bother me at all - but some people seem to constantly post pics of their reps in Help and Chat rather than in Pictures.

It doesn't seem to happen in the other Help and Chat sections either only Lizards.

Perhaps it's only me that it bother so sorry if I sound grumpy but I do find it irritating to have to scroll through so many picture threads which shouldn't be there. :)

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
I agree, I think the pictures should be kept to the dedicated pictures section for lizards.

Maybe it's an ego/attention thing as it always seems to be the same people doing it lol.

G

·
0 Posts
one of the main reasons and im not picking on anyone is that the lizard section didnt have a dedicated mod when i was on the mod team.We mostly spent time in the other section cleaning up.If you pm one of the mods though they should be able to sort out a lot of it and leave a post asking people to post their pics in the pictures section.

As said im not picking at anyone as i know there are a couple of mods that use the lizard section.Its just sometimes especially on a busy forum things get overlooked.Then they can easily escalate to become a problem.

·
Creator of RFUK - Now Retired.
12,466 Posts
Would someone please explain to me why there are such a huge amount of pictures in the Lizard Help & Chat section?

I understand why people post their new reps in that section as they naturally want people to see them, are excited about their new reps and they get a higher viewing than in the picture section - this really doesn't bother me at all - but some people seem to constantly post pics of their reps in Help and Chat rather than in Pictures.

It doesn't seem to happen in the other Help and Chat sections either only Lizards.

Perhaps it's only me that it bother so sorry if I sound grumpy but I do find it irritating to have to scroll through so many picture threads which shouldn't be there. :)
I agree, I think the pictures should be kept to the dedicated pictures section for lizards.

Maybe it's an ego/attention thing as it always seems to be the same people doing it lol.
Hi

Feel free to report any posts you see in the wrong section and we'll be right on it :)

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
why waste time. (mods) deleting these when peopel look and comment, so obviously dont mind them... than not look at the bullying, and the bitching etc etc, surely thats more important...

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
why waste time. (mods) deleting these when peopel look and comment, so obviously dont mind them... than not look at the bullying, and the bitching etc etc, surely thats more important...
putting posts where they should be is not wasting time dear, its part of moderating.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
putting posts where they should be is not wasting time dear, its part of moderating.
ok well newho, calm down.....and one thing i ust say is dont say dear, pisses me off so much, lol :lol2:

it does say chat though, so i guess putting photos of new geckos, and chatting about them... hayho..

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I have thought that myself. I guess it just because people want more comments on them and that. I always post mine in the pic section and if everybody follows suit then more people will look there etc and it sorts itself out.
On another note, if you dont have a mod who goes in lizard section much why not appoint one? You must have a space since Belial stepped down. All 3 mods online at the moment are from snake land lol!

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
I have thought that myself. I guess it just because people want more comments on them and that. I always post mine in the pic section and if everybody follows suit then more people will look there etc and it sorts itself out.
On another note, if you dont have a mod who goes in lizard section much why not appoint one? You must have a space since Belial stepped down. All 3 mods online at the moment are from snake land lol!

very true... lol SNAKE LAND

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
I am on line and keep lizards, geckos arachnids and geckos :Na_Na_Na_Na:

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
Thing is.... when we post pics of the lizards we then chat about them... so they kinda merge.
For the sake of loading times I guess puttin pics in the appropriate section is best...although I never notice any loading times [unless the forums about to go bye bye for a bit]
If its the rules its the rules... I cannot possibly see what skin it is of the noses of other members though, or how its anoying or offencive in any way.

I think thees tension in the air.....
It hasnt spilled to the lizard section Yet... i hope it stays that way.

EDIT-
my post was meant to come just after torres post by the way.

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
ok well newho, calm down.....and one thing i ust say is dont say dear, pisses me off so much, lol :lol2:

it does say chat though, so i guess putting photos of new geckos, and chatting about them... hayho..

we have a pcture section...your pictures were put in that section., makes sense huh ?

Ok ducky ? ;)

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
there's loads of pic request threads in snakes recently.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Its the same in 'snakes'
When people post help threads, the help threads get pusehd down by the picture threads, when it s a 'hepl & chat' forum. I dont mean to complain. But thats what the picture section is there for.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
should we report each picture request thread in the future ??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts