Reptile Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...do people say "pics on request" ?

If someone's interested they're going to want to see a picture so why not put it up there in the first place?
Just a thought but you always have to ask people for pictures now instead of them being put up.
I like pictures :2thumb:

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I always think they don't put them up for public viewing coz someone will argue re what they are or they aren't actually as claimed but then I'm an old cynic lol.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oww :(
But...but... but!!
I like pictures!!
And... people will ask anyway!!

So... grrr :devil: to the lazy people!!

:Na_Na_Na_Na:

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
I agree, its easier if ppl just post them as no ones gonna justgo buy a snake without pics are they.... could be serverly underweight and be a right state.

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
I only havent put pics up because my camera is broken but some older pics are already up and up to date pics I sent via MMS to those interested. However normally I always stick em up. Makes life easy.

·
5,234 Posts
I think its clever advertising. The more people that post to ask pictures, the more time your advert stays at the top of the classifieds board. This then increases your chances of selling the item...

OK, so perhaps this isn't the reason, but it does seem to work like this.

Andy

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
I think its clever advertising. The more people that post to ask pictures, the more time your advert stays at the top of the classifieds board. This then increases your chances of selling the item...

OK, so perhaps this isn't the reason, but it does seem to work like this.

Andy
Personally I think it has the opposite effect. IF I see one where you need to ask for pics I immediately ignore it and go to the next one! lol

·
Registered
164 Posts
Laziness. People cant be bothered to put up pics until they know peeps are definitely interested and its worth sending a pic to a potential buyer.
Silly really cos you would end up sending the pics seperately to everyone, so actually much more effort is involved... lol...:Na_Na_Na_Na:
Plus a pic in the first place would draw more buyers in.

·
Registered
8,395 Posts
Personally I think it has the opposite effect. IF I see one where you need to ask for pics I immediately ignore it and go to the next one! lol
Agreed, and even worse if seller say's 'look in my old threads'
And then you have the german and dutch classified sites, great pics, weights etc, but never any prices :bash:
I emailed one seller about some pythons he had up, but his reply was, i'll tell you prices, but you have to phone me !!!!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haha!
Well i think it's fine if someone says "here's my number" but i, for one, have some odd fear and dislike of talking to anyone. I can text just fine but i hate having to call/answer a phone.
This is why in an accident i think i would be absolutely useless. My advice: don't die near me :flrt:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts