• A separate hide and separate food/water bowl

Votes: 50 45.0%
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

What do you think to my latest little project?? Made a little hide primarily for baby stations (dont worry not with soil) but can also be used for temporary quarantine vivs. it was really cheap and easy to make and i think it looks quite effective......I know its not my usual massive viv builds but let me know what you think. :2thumb:

As you can see it has entrances/exits for 2 hides, and the two circular holes on the ledgy bits fit milk bottle tops (obviously green to coordinate with the moss painted on the hide :lol2:)

then the back shows the two "kidney shaped" hides, painted black so they are nice and dark!!

thought i would show you it in situ as well!! and hey presto!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
That is MINT! Might have to make a magnetic version of that myself ;)

Could get 2 or 3 magnaturals magnets and cut bits out where the circular shapes are and have it so it will also fit in a glass viv if needs be (top, middle and bottom bit)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
totally awesome!

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
you should make some and sell them, i'd def buy one. Id get magnets instead though, as said would be a bugger to remove, esp in an emergency.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi guys, sorry I took so long to reply but been busy with work and stuff.

That is MINT! Might have to make a magnetic version of that myself ;)

Could get 2 or 3 magnaturals magnets and cut bits out where the circular shapes are and have it so it will also fit in a glass viv if needs be (top, middle and bottom bit)
Well spotted Si-man, the 3 flat areas were originally for magnets to copy magnaturals design though we couldn't source any strong enough to hold the weight of the hide through the enclosure (not that its heavy just the magnet we looked at were really weak). Plus i was kinda impatient and wanted to see it in place of course only for prototype testing reasons lol!! :whistling2: Don't worry we've got some on the way so keep an eye for Mk II!

that actually is really good
That's really, really good!!
WOW, looking good, Congrats
totally awesome!
Thanks all!!! :2thumb:

you should make some and sell them, i'd def buy one. Id get magnets instead though, as said would be a bugger to remove, esp in an emergency.
Swift Wraith drop me a PM with a sketch and description/sizes etc of what you want (if you want something different that is!) and I'll see what I can do for you!:no1:

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds good. You going to be making these at all? Id buy one if you make a small run of them.

If you PM me what you want, (doesnt have to be a different design) i can give you a price for it. then you can let me know either way! :no1:

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
there brilliant, if ur making them how much would u charge? would it be possible for magnets instead of nuts and bolts?cheers
Yes i would definitely be using magnets, they are winging their way towards me now, i only used nuts and bolts on that one as i was impatient to see it in place, :blush: once i actually looked properly for some magnets i found some waaay strong enough so i ordered them for all of my next ones. Not sure on price as it depends on what you want, i.e how big/complex design etc!

·
Registered
255 Posts
What's the size of the one you have made there? Can get a size template made then so I can see where it needs to go in the viv and how deep etc. Very interested, they going to be along the lines of the magnatural price or cheaper?

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.