Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of months ago my yearling ABR completely stopped eating and wouldn't accept anything and I tried braining them and tried pinks and fluffs and small mice but he refused and eventually I gave him a small rat pup and he's been eating them ever sinse and still won't accept mice of any kind. Is this okay seeing as he isn't getting any fur and the bones not very developed ect. Any ideas and is this okay for him to keep doing?

Kind regards

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
well rats are better than mice anyway. Try fluffs (rat fluffs) ?

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well rats are better than mice anyway. Try fluffs (rat fluffs) ?
He's only a yearling and I think rat fluffs would be way too big for him to manage.

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Rat pups will be fine for him, If you feel one pup isn't enough and he looks like he's too small for a rat fluff, try upping the quantity of pups untill he's bigger.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Rat pups will be fine for him, If you feel one pup isn't enough and he looks like he's too small for a rat fluff, try upping the quantity of pups untill he's bigger.
They way I work is if one pup doesn't leave a mark in his stomach then give him 2. When this doesn't make a mark time to up to fluffs

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He will eat two but he looks way to big if he does. I only did that after he didn't eat for about 6-7 weeks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts