Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been feeding these guys outside the house I'm staying at for about 6 weeks, they're getting pretty tame and let me get quite close now..

Are they any specific species??

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I don't recognise them but they are very cute!

The rat and mouse family is so massive you might have a hard time identifying their exact species - be interesting to see if anyone knows :2thumb:

·
Registered
25,485 Posts
Very cute!! Look like youngsters, too.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I'm sure that there were bigger ones before, now these slightly smaller ones are coming up to eat (but the bigger ones haven't been around for a while now) and today I've seen some babies!!!

I've only ever seen 3 or 4 up together, so not sure if there are lots or the same ones who keep coming and going..

Weirdly the babies seem more cautious than the adults, but as you can see they're letting me get pretty close!

·
Registered
25,485 Posts
D'awwwwww! *heart mealts* That family pic on the bottom is so cute!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Awww, the one hitching a ride. Very cute

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll try and get more tomorrow.. glad you all like them, I've enjoyed trying to get closer and closer each day.. I have a better camera but it makes a lot of noise, so i think I'm going to try and get them used to the noisy camera and get some higher quality/resolution shots!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Wow they are fantastic pics.Have you seen any other native animals whilst there.Pics Pics and more pics please.:2thumb::2thumb:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha I have indeed, but where do I start! (as you'll see I love animals and taking photos, so apologies for the overload!!)

Ok maybe not native, but here's me and a poorly tiger..

I was in the theatre when he had a 2 hour op on his leg

Baby white lion

hyena.. these guys are awesome!

Lion

smellyphants

The most amazingly friendly Giraffe, who recently got killed by lightening.. Hamley :(

Mongoose..

I have plenty more if you aren't bored yet!!

·
Registered
16,933 Posts
agree not just moreeeeeeeeeeee lots more purleasssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee:flrt:

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
these pictures are just awesome and you're making me VERY homesick having left South Africa nearly 8 years ago, just looking at your photos I can actually smell Africa :mf_dribble:

keep them coming, I can't get enough of them :flrt:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The best bit about africa for me is the storms

More babies out today and they're getting used to my better, noisier camera!! yay

Ok, so he doesn't live here.. but Luigi is African

Sun halo.. never seen one of these before, but it appeard in the sky the other day.. pretty scary seems I'm 45mins from joburg and recently watched district 9..

Dirty Elephants

squirtle!!

Just yelp if you want more!! hehe

·
Registered
25,485 Posts
Amazing pictures!!!

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Fantastic pics. Liked the family photo!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts