Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going away soon and i just wondered would Gizmo(Beardie) miss me.I know there not like dogs or wateva and i'm not expectin him to be waggin his tail when i get back, but wat i'm gettin at is do they get used to faces and voices and they know who there owner is.( same person feedin,interactin,cleanin them etc). Or does it not bother them as long as they get food,cleaned etc.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
i think they will be glad when you get back and start handling again but i dont think he will recognise you to be honest

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
i think beardies especially get used too there owner. they come too you ect so i suppose when a new person is looking after them they will be thinking where is he

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
it would miss fresh food and water, but not mis you as such I don't think no. We have a beardie with us on holiday for the long weekend, his entire setup and him was moved over and it's not phased him slightly, I think if we had put him in a spare viv here or one of our QT setups it would have bothered him. As things are he didn't skip a beat. Woke up the next morning and carried on eating, did a settling in poo (they seem to hate clean sand!) and carried on business as usual. He puffed his beard out at the dog a bit (his people don't have a dog) but seemed happy to leave it at that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
they recognise you lilly my bosc reacts diffrently to me than the girlfriend and for some reason hates and freaks out when her uncle is about and will probably notice the fact your not around but probably wont be bothered as long as food and water keeps comeing

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
They miss their routine (but quickly get used to a new one) but they don't miss people as such. They will be able to recognise you by the way that you handle them / feed them etc and will want that to continue, but they won't care if its you doing it or someone else...

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
they recognise you lilly my bosc reacts diffrently to me than the girlfriend and for some reason hates and freaks out when her uncle is about and will probably notice the fact your not around but probably wont be bothered as long as food and water keeps comeing
thats because boscs are way more intelligent than a beardie:)

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I don't know. My geckos prefer me to my mum, I'm teaching her how to care for them while I'm in my first year at uni and in the barracks with no animals allowed. Second year when I move into my own place I'll be having my babies back lol. But they can tell the difference between me and her and people say we look alike.

I'd like to think they'd know me anyway.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought this would be the case! Which is good when your away so you know they won't fret. I know i will miss him and will be phonin every day making sure he's o.k and finding out who much he's eatin and stuff.
Is this wat parentin is all about?:lol2:
Thanx Guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts