Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello again guy n gals i have another question for you lot of well informed snakey people :D ok so here goes i am feeding hissy once a week with largish rats but the past few times hes not taking the rat untill i brain it or put him in a tub i dont want him to get into the habit of havin me braining it for him every time hes due a feed. hes roughly about 3ft and a fart and i think hes getting very fat i know that royals are very stocky but he looks kinda large :D :D so guys do you think that i would be able to feed him once every two weeks or will i just keep feeding him every week and get him on the treadmill :D :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
hiya

is this the royal who was very sickly to start off with? if so i would keep feeding weekly for now at least!

a lot of snakes are refusing their food at the moment from what people are saying on here!

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
I feed mine every week - she's a year and a half now (almost 4ft and 1250g) - but she doesn't have large rats, she gets small ones that are no wider than her girth at the thickest part of her. If they overeat it can put them off feeds for a bit.

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes hissy is the snake that was very sick with a bad infection a wouldnt eat hes fine now a big fat lad and hasnt missed a meal since he started eating again the rats he eats are fine for him and hes not struggling with them just doesnt seem interested unless i brain them but will strike and constrict if i do im just thinking that hes getting kinda large around the middle (a polite way of saying hes a fatty) and i dont want him to get sick because i have been overfeeding him

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
My royal is 6 years old, and, when i took her, i was told that she ate 2 large mice every 10 days. Now she has decided to eat one large mouse every ten days. and dont even try to fool her with a small one, in the hope that she will hunger after another! She doesn't entertain them! The Wee Madam!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts