Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will two Beardy's from young live together happily in a 4ft viv or will they need to be seperated at later stage can anyone help please
thanks in advanced.:?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
It depends on the sex, 2 males...if thats what they are dont tend to get on well once they start to get mature!!!

So its just take it as it comes...if they start to fight seperate them!!!!:bash: :bash:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
if you are looking at getting male and female, make sure they are unrelated, as the chances are, they will breed.:crazy:

·
Registered
849 Posts
Bearded dragons are solitary creatures and although two females will tolerate each other, there will still be dominance issues. I'd strongly suggest buying seperate enclosures for each lizard, as problems will go unnoticed for months until one decides he has had enough and then attacks the other.

·
Registered
17,120 Posts
Bearded dragons are solitary creatures and although two females will tolerate each other, there will still be dominance issues. I'd strongly suggest buying seperate enclosures for each lizard, as problems will go unnoticed for months until one decides he has had enough and then attacks the other.
I dont agree, I have had Obi and Matilda together for 3 years now they have never mated because Obi is a bit Simple lol But if one of them is missing (vets,bath,cuddles) the other goes black and gets really peed off.

In my opinon they are like people, Some will get along with others some wont....

See how it goes, If it is a male and female keep an eye he isnt badgering her to much... I cant even hold my Female by my other males tank as he is a sex machine and starts bobbing so hard I think his heads gonna fall off! lol

Good luck with them, and most importantly enjoy them! You will soon need more!!! lol.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i have 6 bds and keep them all in own vivs. i let them all out at the same time and they get on fine but never kept any together but females and even that wasnt good as the biggist or the meenist always got the most food lol

·
Registered
846 Posts
I kept my male separate at first and my 2 females together never had a prob with them, then they all ended up in one viv(custom built) so each had a basking spot and log to lay on and they got on extremely well.
in animal/reptile/group there will always be a dominance issue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts