Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I dont get it? Survives what? Its a Radiated Rat...Confused...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i didn't put that video on youtube i was just saying how he's with a fairly harmless snake and i think we're supposed to be impressed

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I know you didn't...Im questioning the title, I don't understand it, kinda stating the obvious...

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
look at the one below on the side thing thought hes a twat hes got 3 king cobras and hes pissing them off
dan

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I know, I looked at those too. I think its interesting how different nations view snakes. I mean orientals seem to like playing about with them no matter the species, Americans are just twits anyway, and Brits are uptight :lol:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't think its fair to say that they like playing around with them, in parts of thailand and cambodia for centuries snakes have been given a religous status and are very highly respected, this "dance" or "playing around" is a way of expressing this respect, you will find that the snakes they use are almost always there pets and live in their homes with them, this often includes king cobras which are wild caught and then to an extent "tamed" and very well cared for as pets and brought out to perform these ceremonies. there is one man who has taken 3 king cobra bites and believes he has a herbal remedy which has saved his life each time.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
what snake is it?

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
is it maybe a diadem rat snake. not too sure their from that part of the world though. he needs a bit more practice before he tries with a KC

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
i think it does show respect for the snake if he didnt repect it he wouldnt be soo carefull with him, but as someone else mentioned it prob is a pet so he would know the snake personnally, i just believe he has a respectfully and trusting bond with this perticular snake.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
I don't think its fair to say that they like playing around with them, in parts of thailand and cambodia for centuries snakes have been given a religous status and are very highly respected, this "dance" or "playing around" is a way of expressing this respect, you will find that the snakes they use are almost always there pets and live in their homes with them, this often includes king cobras which are wild caught and then to an extent "tamed" and very well cared for as pets and brought out to perform these ceremonies. there is one man who has taken 3 king cobra bites and believes he has a herbal remedy which has saved his life each time.
i watched a programme the other week about indonesian snakes and the snake "dancers?" there get bitten on purpose quite often to builed up an immunity.... they are coverd in scares and blisters mind, Nuts!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thats mad! it'll all go wrong 1 day though and they'll live to regret it- if they're lucky

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Thats mad! it'll all go wrong 1 day though and they'll live to regret it- if they're lucky
I don't think they would regret it mate.

They would get bit and prob carry on the next day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts