Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a new leo sat and since then he has not eaten anything ?

i have triedwax/meal and crickets and wont touch any ?

the male is 6/7 months old any ideas ?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry

its a 3ft viv he has a damp hide just on the edge of the warm end
a big hide the other end and one in the middle also a pot of calcium and water.

the substrate is slate tiles and has a thin layer of sand under it the temp is 88/90 in the warm end have it on a stat but goes beetween 88 and 90 ?

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
I think its fair to assume most of the time that a rep may take a few days to settle in before itll eat.
Personally we havent had any probs with ours feeding right away but then you get a lot of ppl who dont disturb them atall for up to a week.

I wouldnt worry as its only been a couple days, viv set up sounds fine.
Is he active?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea he pops out every now and then for a walk around a licks the floor and stuff in the tank.

but just walks past when i put a dish of meal/wax worms in :cry:

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
is this your first rep?

Just incase..I think you wana feed him/try to at night, and maybe throw one or 2 in right next to him as opposed to in a bowl to see if he goes for it.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no i have 2 females and they are 6 months and love there food

tried him at night droped some by him and on twesers and wont touch any

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
prolly just a matter of time then.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You're not alone Gazza, we bought two Fire Skinks on friday night & they have yet to eat aswell. The shop recommended we wait until saturday night to feed them some crickets, but they didn't bother with them & the damn crix buried themselves into the substrate only to reapear every night lights out :evil:

Just popped a tub of mealies in there so keeping fingers crossed they might be tempted by the easy catch.

Good luck mate, let's hope all our new additions get eating soon.

Lee.

[EDIT]Well the male just scoffed three of the four mealies I put in, wish she'd go eat one, unforunatly she doesn't share his confidence.

Anyone know if I should be cutting the heads off the mealwoms to feed to Fire Skinks by the way?[EDIT]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts