Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My AWESOME MOTHER, even after breaking her no-more-than-six T's rule and buying me a C. Pentalore, today, after I sold my camera on ebay, she let me have a communal pair of P. REGALIS! WOOOO! I am SOOOOO excited for Wednesday now! Now I better read the the newbie guide to Poecilotheria and find out about communalism. They're 2cm so I bought a rearing jar with a diameter of 8cm, I'll add a segment of fake plant a two bits of bark, is this correct?

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
what a lovely mum :)

I would suggest only having one piece of bark and not too much fake plant. Communes always carry a risk but if you allow the slings to set up their own individual territories, this is more likely to lead to trouble. I've got 12 P. striata slings living in a storage jar with just one cork tube :lol:

Just provide one hide such as a cork tube, so they both have to use it, and provide more food than you normally would. Close proximity and plenty of grub seems to improve the chances of success :) They're fun to observe, because they scramble over each other and snuggle up together.

·
Registered
19,844 Posts
Lol i dont live with my mum and now my collection has reached over 50 :gasp::gasp:. Thing is my OH aint that restrictive and tends to buy me stuff when im not looking lol.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what a lovely mum :)

I would suggest only having one piece of bark and not too much fake plant. Communes always carry a risk but if you allow the slings to set up their own individual territories, this is more likely to lead to trouble. I've got 12 P. striata slings living in a storage jar with just one cork tube :lol:

Just provide one hide such as a cork tube, so they both have to use it, and provide more food than you normally would. Close proximity and plenty of grub seems to improve the chances of success :) They're fun to observe, because they scramble over each other and snuggle up together.
Okay, how about one bark and a leaf of a fake plant? And are these:
Juvenile Jars for Arboreal / Burrowing species Suppliers of Arachnids and other quality Invertebrates
Alright then? And I haven't got a cork tube small enough so it'll be a 30x55mm cork slab, but I can meet all the other requirements.
Lol i dont live with my mum and now my collection has reached over 50 :gasp::gasp:. Thing is my OH aint that restrictive and tends to buy me stuff when im not looking lol.
Kool, my mum had a restriction which was that no T's over 13cm, but she lifted it to 20cm for this but I had to sign a contract saying no more T's until Young Gun sends me four communal H. Villosella spiderlings!

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
That should be fine for now, they do grow fairly fast though so be prepared to rehouse them before too long :) a cork slab is OK, although they will probably pull substrate up behind it and web it all up to make themselves a little nest.

Those big plastic sweet jars are quite good for when they get a bit bigger as you can easily melt air holes in the sides and the lid using a hot nail or tiny screwdriver.

But what will your mum do if your regalis eventually get over 20cm ;)

·
Registered
19,844 Posts
Im lucky cos the only thing in mine lot thats guna get big is the L.klugi lol. The rest are grammies and other bits and pieces.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That should be fine for now, they do grow fairly fast though so be prepared to rehouse them before too long :) a cork slab is OK, although they will probably pull substrate up behind it and web it all up to make themselves a little nest.

Those big plastic sweet jars are quite good for when they get a bit bigger as you can easily melt air holes in the sides and the lid using a hot nail or tiny screwdriver.

But what will your mum do if your regalis eventually get over 20cm ;)
I'm planning this schedule:
For when they get to 6cm - Mini Plastic Terrarium (18 x 11 x 14cm) Suppliers of Arachnids and other quality Invertebrates
For when they get to 10cm - Small Exo Terra Faunariums Suppliers of Arachnids and other quality Invertebrates
For when they get to 14cm -
Glass Display Terrarium - Arboreal 30x30x45cm Suppliers of Arachnids and other quality Invertebrates

Hopefully that should do them in the way of terrariums for their life :D. So excited!

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
Glad you held out for the Villosella mate, you won't be dissapointed, females been on the sac for about 4 weeks now, so only a bit longer till little slings start poppin out everywhere again :D

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Glad you held out for the Villosella mate, you won't be dissapointed, females been on the sac for about 4 weeks now, so only a bit longer till little slings start poppin out everywhere again :D
Awesome, looking forward to it. Didn't you say it was £22 for four including postage and packing?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts