Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there im planning to get a new vivarium for my beloved beardie and was unsure whats best , wood or a glass tank ? alot of people seem to use glass tanks but i am unsure whats more suitable for a beardie any ideas ??

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wood all the way for me too. Holds heat better and looks alot cleaner imo.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
its all personal choice, i have both glass and wood, although i only use wood for the desert species, my arboreal species are in glass and wooden, they are equally good at holding temps once set up right and are both equally as easy to clean, it basical depends on what you want from your viv, if you wanna be able to see them through 3 of the sides then glass, if you just need to see them from the front then get wood but as i said earlier if you want glass you'll have to pay the extra cash that come with having an all glass viv, glass is more expensive and harder to bond than wood so you pay more for it. as i said all my terrestrial/desert species are in wood

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
pros and cons for both wood is cheaper and holds the heat better but unless you seal the inside smells leach into the wood and you can not remove the smell.a very well sealed wooden viv would be my choice: victory:

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
I started with a converted glass tank for my beardie and then moved to wood! Lets just say we noticed a difference in the heating bill because the heating didnt have to work so hard to hold in the temps! x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts