Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to bolt a branch to the roof of my viv, how should i do this? :D thanks for any help :)

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
I used wood screws through the top of the viv into the branch, that way if anything craps on it you can unscrew and clean it.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I do the same.

If you wanna bolt it then you will have to drill a hole in the branch and glue some threaded bar into it. then bolt it through a hole in the top of your viv.

·
Registered
457 Posts
yeah i have done before, i find putting them in a vice and drilling a pilot hole or hole for bolt helps there as they a bit tougher so gives a better finish.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ceiron said:
yeah i have done before, i find putting them in a vice and drilling a pilot hole or hole for bolt helps there as they a bit tougher so gives a better finish.

a bit lol the last one i atempted to work with nearly brought me to tears lol :lol: thanks for ur help

·
Registered
457 Posts
davebehave said:
Ceiron said:

a bit lol the last one i atempted to work with nearly brought me to tears lol :lol: thanks for ur help
lol thats why i generally dont drill them anymore, if you get the u brackets they use for wardrobe rails etc ..

screw them in, you can drop in and out the branches

1 - 9 of 9 Posts