Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just popped down Celtic Reptiles (in Cwmbran) for a nose about and also to pick up a hygrometer and came home with a G.Rosea sling for the misses.

Only cost £4 so hardly then end of the world but i need stop being such a sucker when it comes to buying pets.

I've gone from being petrified of spiders to now owning two, with another (t.blondi) on the way and will be getting a fourth (p.murinus) next month. I also really fancy a GBB for their webs...that'll be a total of 5 then and im sure it wont stop there. Good job they dont take up too much room!!!
Will post pics when/if i can find my camera cable :bash:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha i know, i thought one would be enough but oh how wrong i was :lol2:

Can't get over how small it is mind, maybe the size of a 5p piece!! Just hope i dont drop the crickets i got for it as there is no way ill be able to find and catch these ones!!

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
I used to have 4 T's a few years ago, then had a break for a few years. Since I got back in to the hobby I'v gone from 1 to 12 in 6 months, and more are already reserved and waiting!!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
It will take years to grow too! :D
Wouldnt waste your money on the hygrometers if its for spiders though...or at all to be honest!
Wow P.murinus, my hubby has had a couple over the years but they are probably one of my least favourite spiders.....get some Brachys! :no1:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Wouldnt waste your money on the hygrometers if its for spiders though...or at all to be honest!
Wow P.murinus, my hubby has had a couple over the years but they are probably one of my least favourite spiders.....get some Brachys! :no1:
how can you say that OBT's have such a great personality !!!!

Cheers

chris

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
how can you say that OBT's have such a great personality !!!!

Cheers

chris
I agree, mine is always trying to get close to me, probably wants a hug or something!! :lol2:

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
Avics are my favourite sp. personally :D

Only got slings of them atm though :(

Want an adult or juvi versicolor off the spider shop but I'm skint atm! :devil:

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I've been to Celtic Reptiles, is a good shop :no1:
There's nothing wrong with OBT's, they are very pretty :D

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
im after more T's but my mom is very persistant with her answer i actually wish she'd forget what no means :(

But congrants on your new spidars : victory:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are they not very accurate then? I was a little worried i wouldnt get the humidity high enough for my blondi...hence going and getting one. Obvioulsy ive got everything to help keep humidity up but still wouldnt have a clue if it would be too/not humid enough.

...and i think the murinus are lovely looking plus i love a challenge. I'm determined i wont get carried away with T's so im trying to pick a select few :flrt:

·
Registered
890 Posts
If you have the time, you have the money and space and you've done your research, then why not? Thats what I rekon : victory:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good price for the sling! I've got a T.Blondi coming on Wednesday :) spider number 4 for me.
Yeah, i didnt go there with the intention of getting anything but when we saw them (and at only 4 quid) i couldnt say no!!

Wednesday is when my blondi should arrive as well, its getting delivered to my mums address as she will be in to sign for it...lets just say she wasn't best pleased when i told her :lol2:

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
I agree, mine is always trying to get close to me, probably wants a hug or something!! :lol2:
You can tell if if it wants a hug- its front legs will be up in the air ready for the embrace :D

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
I've been to Celtic Reptiles, is a good shop :no1:
There's nothing wrong with OBT's, they are very pretty :D
thanks very much!
gazemm, i was off today (home with my new baby)hope you got good service and all the advice you may have needed:2thumb:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks very much!
gazemm, i was off today (home with my new baby)hope you got good service and all the advice you may have needed:2thumb:
Yeah perfect thanks and the misses couldnt be happier with her little 'un :notworthy:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts