Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday i got my new t.blondi shes huge, i got back from holiday and she was twice the size, and the pet store owner said she shed 1 week ago, prehaps i could try to breed her, shes such a big hairkicker,the hairs feel like stinging knettels all over you, but one concirn i have is that it looks like she has swelled pedepalps, but i inspected her booklungs and she had a spermathecae any one know why this is?, are there pedepalps meant to be like it? if you go onto youtube and type in dobo1005 you can see a little vid on her, shes very hard to see because she is deep into her burrow. also just got a molt from my p.cancerides shes such a cool colour now, shes also on my latest vid

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
all I saw in your vid was its bum mate. Can you get a well-focused still photo of its front legs and pedipalps?

Swollen pedipalps might indicate you have a a mature male rather than a female, but we'd need to see a pic to make sure :)

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeh sure, it wont come out though, it will just shoot hairs when i try to get it out,ill give you a description until i can get it out, its pedepalps are club shaped with bits that bend round , its hard to explain, ill try to get a good pic now

·
Registered
508 Posts
look like its wearing boxing gloves? sounds indeed lik its a male tbh!! but yea pics would help out :)

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its :censor:ing annoying coz i payed £100, and the lady assured me that it was female, just uploading pics

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
where?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
If I see right and these are hooks

Then def. a mature male.

Although this one is quite blurry but it also looks like it has the typical "MM Hooks"..

So I am afraid - it looks like you got an expensive boy there ..

Basically if you see "it" outside again, check whether you can see the typicall 'boxing gloves'

and hooks

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
If I see right and these are hooks

Then def. a mature male.

Although this one is quite blurry but it also looks like it has the typical "MM Hooks"..

So I am afraid - it looks like you got an expensive boy there ..

Basically if you see "it" outside again, check whether you can see the typicall 'boxing gloves'

and hooks

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When you got her didn't you notess that it was very leggy. =)
nop because it was very fresh from molting so it was a bit curled up

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
well, if you were sold it as a definite female by the shop, and it's a mature male (which it sounds like from your description and pictures) then you' be justified in taking it back and asking for a refund, I think.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
well, if you were sold it as a definite female by the shop, and it's a mature male (which it sounds like from your description and pictures) then you' be justified in taking it back and asking for a refund, I think.
Or keep him and ask for a partiall refund ... he will still live for quite some time ...

But yea - pictures are quite clear that this a MM

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ye, im going to try and get a refund, do you know if dan halem still has the female p.tigrinaweselli?

·
Registered
12,996 Posts

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Definately a miss sale. Your due a refund in full as long as the shop hasnt incurred any expense since the sale on yours or the spiders behalf.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts