Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got another beardie!! my dad payed for it in march (i didnt know i was getting another) and it has been being quarentined at the shop since then!! hes gone with my girl after having them both out for half a hour and they get on great!! also want a name for him so fire away!! im dead excited for when they breed!!:2thumb::2thumb:

luke

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
cool man, congrats.
I know you are a fan of hadesdragons so i should point out that he doesnt agree with keeping males and females together all year round, just for breeding [when of age of course]
hope you dont doubt me... :) :p

ps- glad they are getting on ,good luck with the new one.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not keeping them together all year round, im getting a new viv at christmas for the male, they should be ok til then right?

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
i dont know dude, i dont know how old they are.
keeping adult mixed sexes together all year aside, until a female is of breeding age she shoudlnt be housed with a male incase she is bred early and has complications.

But at the end of the day its up to you.

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
no real danger then, if they breed over the summer you may find you then need to seperate them to stop the breeding continuing but atleast you dont have to worry about anything yet if they get on and stuff.
congrats and good luck with the pair mate, could do with a couple of adult female beardies coming available around here.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
If BOTH are 2 years then it wont be a problem except for over breeding, which can cause distress to the female, so i'd ask if you can have the new viv sooner to avoid this.

Other then that congratulations sugar : victory:
As for names, seeing how you like hadesdragons call him hades :whistling2:

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
erm..how about lauren? :)

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Fine if you want normal names call it andy :whistling2:

Or bob i like the name bob, most of my pets get called bob until i find one i really like :lol2:
we were thinking bobby because he keeps bobbing his head at ralph!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.