Reptile Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well this will be finished by the end of the week, unfortunately i hav lost the pic of the state i bought it in for £28. We are currently waiting on more backgrounds and a few other bits and pieces.

First background on!

2nd background on and lights in

Bulb guards fitted.

I think it will look ace once its completed!! :D :D

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
looking really good what size are all the vivs? and also is it really strong as would like to do sumthing like that myself in the future
manda xx

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hiya hun, yea it is real sturdy, the vivs are roughly 2ft x 1ft x 1ft, we dint make it ourselves but are now doin a fair bit of work to it lol :lol:

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
im looking to make 3ftx2ftx1ft ones when i have the money!!!
but keep us updated on how its going
what are you going to be keeping in it?
manda xx

·
Registered
801 Posts
Hey Nat,

Where did u get the back grounds you've used? Are they the same as the aquarium ones, as that's what we used 4 our Beardies. If so, what have u stuck them on with?

Cheers,

Alex & Cand x

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi they are the same as aquatic background stuff but made for reps hence the desert and no water :lol: I got them off ebay but its cost quite alot!! lol I think it was like £5 a meter :shock:

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Nat said:
Hi they are the same as aquatic background stuff but made for reps hence the desert and no water :lol: I got them off ebay but its cost quite alot!! lol I think it was like £5 a meter :shock:
Yeah i had the exact background you have with my beardies, collards, leos etc, they look really good, compared to other aqaurium ones don't they 8)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Wow, that's coming along great Nat! I can't wait to see it finished and filled with inhabitants!

Thx
Matt

·
Registered
801 Posts
We got ours from a pet shop and managed to find one without water! Tokk a bit of searchin tho!! LOL.

Was mainly wondering what u had used to fix it with as we really had probs.

Any suggestions anyone????...

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
I stuck mine up with kids glue. It was put in well in advance of any reptiles going in the viv so it had plenty of time to dry and air out.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Yep, that's safe Maxine, i used to staple it with a staple gun :D
I also used to apply the background, to the seperate bits of wood and then build the viv, so it would be all clean cut, if you know what i mean, then i used to use sealent to seal the viv, looked well good, because you can't always get the background cut and fit properly :wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts