Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
I was talking to someone in the pet shop telling them that I had recently got a leoprad gecko from another pet shop and they asked me if had taken it to be wormed at the vets yet. Do you worm leoprad geckos like you would have your cat or dog wormed?

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
i havnt herd of it to be honest and im a veterinary nurse lol.I know they can get parasites and they can have things like mites but no idea on the worm front. :roll:

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
yup it can be a good idea to worm them, they can pick up parasites from crickets etc. you can use panacure paste or liquid, get the dosage from the vet (or research on line)

·
Banned
4,175 Posts
Its not unheard of to worm a leo, but i dont recomend you do it just for the sake of it.

The doseage for such a small animal is critical, and it depends on what type of worm is present as to which medication to use.

If your leo shows signs of eating but loosing weight, then its woth getting a test done by the vet to confirm or otherwise the presence of worms, and therefore the treatment needed

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
The best cource of action would be to take a sample of its poo to a vet to be screened for parasites.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts