Reptile Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there "Taji" my royal as been looking a bit miserable the past few days , he is coming up to shed as his eyes have milked over and now back to normal , would this make him "off colour" and grumpy , which is not like him....cheers

·
Registered
400 Posts
when mine shed i just leave them for a few days after just to relax after and never had a problem, try that if still the same see if they eat at feeding time :D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he went on to small rats just before new year and the lass in the shop said just feed him every 15 days is this right ? he is about 2 1/2 and about 30 inches long

·
Registered
400 Posts
i got mine when she was 2, and started her off with 1 small mice every week, then after 4-5 months was feeding her 2 small every 10 days greedy piggy, you could try that but i think every snake will eat what they want, see how it goes :D

·
Registered
380 Posts
when they are in a shedding cycle they will go off their food and be a bit grumpy, keep misting the viv to help him shed easier. when the eyes milk over (its an opaque fluid that forms under the skin to help it seperate from the new skin and come off) his vision will be badly impaired so just leave him alone apart from misting. as his eyes have cleared up he should shed within a couple of days now. nothing to worry about, just make sure the eyecaps come off too.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers Ross , you know what its like when one of your babies are feeling down lol , got up this morning and he seems a lot better , back up to the glass to see me , lol it was just out of caracter for him he is not usually grumpy , but thanks for all your words of wisdom everyone

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
i love seein my snake shed its really interstin an is amazin the 1st time you see it

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i have seen him shed before i have had him a year now , its just the first time hes been a grump lol must be old age , dont all us men get grumpy in our old age lol cheers for all your help guys thats what makes this the best forum around

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Whenever my royals eyes go cloudy it will take another 2-3 days after they become uncloudy again to shed.... Plus mine sheds without coming out from his hide, little git!

·
Registered
400 Posts
welshgaz said:
Whenever my royals eyes go cloudy it will take another 2-3 days after they become uncloudy again to shed.... Plus mine sheds without coming out from his hide, little git!
mine did that once and i was suprised to say the least as how they can shed in such a small place :shock:

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
skullysmagic said:
welshgaz said:
mine did that once and i was suprised to say the least as how they can shed in such a small place :shock:
Mine always does it... looks like a condom! :lol:

·
Registered
400 Posts
yes max i gave mine was, 10 days then she had 2 med mice, but would not let her go longer cos she was used to feeding days and knew when it would be

:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts