Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just need some guidance so i know im doing the right thing,brief story i got 3yr leo in viv previous owner kept bulb on 24/7 as heat source,he ate only mealies not dusted nothing fancy,since ive had him ive added moss hide dry hide varied diet,vit/calcium powder to crix,hoppers waxies but have finally got heat mat n stat in place 1st night of no lights,temp dropped to 73-75 im worried hes not warm enough,day temp with bulb steady 85 got work at 5am but sitting up thinking should i turn light back on hes used to it now but really wanna give him day/night cycle ive weighed him 2day hes near on 100g so weight wise hes good should i stick at this temp drop n hope he gets used to it or leave light on hes had past 3 yrs as this is all hes known????? pls tell me what you would do,im off to bed doubt ill sleep worrying about it but like i say gotta work :(

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
basically your worried about the light . should be fine

personally when i first got mine i was worried they wouldnt survive the night now im not there fine :)

when you wake up you should be fine when you see :)

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
everyone gets turned off at night here...most species need a day/night fluctuation leos included! he will be fine with room temp at night..long as your house is not a freezer he'll be fine..in fact it will benefit him to have that cycle. :)

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Yeah think you worried about nothing TBH... You might find that he hides more as its cooler and may take a little time to get used to it, but he'll be fine!

·
Registered
21,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for that at half 4 this morning it was 70,he was out of his hide and i worried he maybe was searching for heat,i cant feel and heat from the mat but stat says its working,got stat set at 75 it didnt reach that so mat didnt turn off at all but i guess if overall temp is 70 he will be fine,dont these things make you worry :roll: his light went back on at 7am and my heart lifted...........until tonight!

·
Registered
21,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
slightly less worried this evening,but hes not eaten his hopper in the dark so think ill feed him with bulb on as normal for time being,can any1 give me a rough weight for an adult male leo,read somewhere 85-90g if hes nearly 100g have i got a lardy lizard? thought id measure him when i get him out at 8ish as he may just be a big leo,so maybe rough weight/length would help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts