Reptile Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im very worried about my corn snake. I have had him for 3 days and im new to reptile keeping. This is my first snake and i was wondering why he does not blink? He should be very healthy has hes on the right temprature heat mat on sand substrate and eats a pinkie a day. PLEASE HELP HAVE I DONE SOMETHING WRONG!?

·
Registered
10,451 Posts
HMMM, - suprised you got 3 snakes without doing the research! :whistling2:

yes thats correct snakes don't blink, got any pics of them?

·
Registered
261 Posts
ye...snakes have no eyelids...also sand isnt really the best substrate to use for corns,might i suggest aspen(type of wood shaving) or for a cheeper option newspaper : victory:

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
yes, corn snakes do not do well on sand at all, the grains get under the scales and cause a lot of irritation

which care sheets did you read before you got him? if they are saying its ok to use sand, they should really be contacted and asked nicely to advise something else.

N

·
Registered
10,451 Posts
Yeah, ive got my first snake too now. hes really bitey. especially when i clean under his scales with a brush to get all the sand out.
hmmm - i think these may be troll's - just thought id point it out incase they start with the crazy talk ! :lol2:

if not then you two really should have done your research!

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Yeah, ive got my first snake too now. hes really bitey. especially when i clean under his scales with a brush to get all the sand out.
:2wallbang:

there is always one isn't there..

N

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
personally i would not describe them as trolls..

more..

sad little bored dickheads with nothing better to do

:rotfl:

N

·
Registered
10 Posts
For christs sake, i come on these forums looking for help as a newbie and all i get is board flaming and abuse. i dont want to give up on the community but this just goes to show how little support there is out there for new guys like me.

·
Registered
10,451 Posts
For christs sake, i come on these forums looking for help as a newbie and all i get is board flaming and abuse. i dont want to give up on the community but this just goes to show how little support there is out there for new guys like me.
nope - we all gave you advice, even apolagised if you weren't a troll - everyone on here gives good advice but your asking for it abit late now as you should have done your research sooner than this! :whistling2:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.