Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
morning,
I am getting a bit worried about Morla, she is refusing to eat anything except lettuce and dandelion leaves, i have tried her with other stuff and refrained from giving her what she likes but don't like the thought of her going hungry.
I bought a seed pack from shelled warriors but she refuses to even entertain it let alone have a nibble
I know it's that time of year when she will be starting to wind down but surely she'd need more that lettuce and dandelion leaves
Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
morning,
I am getting a bit worried about Morla, she is refusing to eat anything except lettuce and dandelion leaves, i have tried her with other stuff and refrained from giving her what she likes but don't like the thought of her going hungry.
I bought a seed pack from shelled warriors but she refuses to even entertain it let alone have a nibble
I know it's that time of year when she will be starting to wind down but surely she'd need more that lettuce and dandelion leaves

She won't go hungry. It's like giving kids a choice, they will choose chocolate every time. Keep her hydrated and temps up and she will eat eventually. Failing that, maybe she is winding down for hibernation, clever tortoise :)

·
Registered
8,093 Posts
morning,
If that's only what you give her, then that's all she will eat:0)
Don't feed these foods and she will eventually eat whats given. No healthy tortoise will starve, if food is put out for them. But just like children they will hold out for what they want, rather than whats given. You have to be the stronger mind.
They can go weeks without feeding, but not without water.

Reactions: gemzisace

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you sue and purplepixie, i guess i just didn't want to see her go hungry and i will persist at giving her different foods

1 - 5 of 5 Posts