Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was just wondering this because I have about this much space already and would save me resorting to buying a new viv. Would this be enough space for a california king or a mexican black king, even though they are colubrids ive heard that they like to climb. Would this be enough space or would it be too small widthwise??

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was also considering getting a royal or a jcp, would that be completely out of the question as ive heard royals dont climb, however ive heard that jcp's do so would it be a good idea? im not sure if the info i was given on these snakes are correct but its what some of the care sheets i have read say.

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
sounds a wee bit narrow, but try it and see how the snake takes to it. :2thumb:
my kings are in 3x18x18 (one in each obviously) but i'm going to swap them into the 3x15x15 vivs as they don't use the space

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, it being narrow is my biggest concern i guess ill try it when its not fully grown, but a decent size and see how the snake reacts, hopefully itll be big enough, it'll also give the snake an option to climb even though they arent arborial snakes. thanks for the help

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds a wee bit narrow, but try it and see how the snake takes to it. :2thumb:
my kings are in 3x18x18 (one in each obviously) but i'm going to swap them into the 3x15x15 vivs as they don't use the space
what size viv or rub do you use for an adult royal? i get the impression from other caresheets that a 10" width is far far far too narrow for an adult royal and it was stupid to even ask about it lol :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts