Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys im soooooo Happy!!!

Its my first year breeding my leo's and she has just laid her first clutch of two Little eggs!!!

It happend at about 3am this morning, unforunately i wasn't there to see it and my sister informed me, She has since buried them over. You don't think she turned them when burying them do you?

It will be ok to leave them in her laying box untill i get home tommorow wont it. The tank is currently at 80F and fluctuates from 80F Min to about 86F Max

When i get home they will go straight into the incubator.

Im soooo Incredibly happy and really really excited! I knew the little cow would wait untill i go away before laying hehe. She does the same thing with pooing, if im sat at my computer desk she wont go! She'll wait till im out of the room lol!

Ill post some pics of my incubator and the eggs ASAP.

Woooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo!: victory:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Wow congrats, if the humidity is high enough in the box then they should be fine.

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
the eggs MAY be fine, depends if they get trampelled ,or if they dry out etc... no guarentees if you arent there to sort it out.

If your leos have bred then you must be doing soemthing right... i reckon you have a hot spot mat temp higher than 86f, but if not then ok.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The box is a vermi box just like the incubator tubs i have prepared so hopefully they will be fine. Also, what pen do i use to mark the eggs i knows this sounds tupid but i have a permenant marker at home, you know one of the smelly ones. Just wondered if the eggs would absorb this and the alchohol in the pen kill the embryo? Im not sure.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The hot spot probably is higher than 86 but i dont read from that i have those sticky thermometers on either end of the tank. I should get a moveable one to test the hot spot but yeha its probably closer to 90F

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
i think it should be a perm marker that doesnt smell.... i dont know though as i havent used one for egg marking.
sorry.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
The hot spot probably is higher than 86 but i dont read from that i have those sticky thermometers on either end of the tank. I should get a moveable one to test the hot spot but yeha its probably closer to 90F

the sticky ones are realy inaccurate, i use one and it says like 90 when its only like 80 on a night , i have one dige thermometer but buying another one cause the sticky ones are crap lol

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
*Does a Little dance*

Ive got eggs! Ive got Eggs! IVE GOT EGGS!!!! Hehe:2thumb::flrt:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is no one else happy i got eggs? :flrt:

hehe, I guess its all old news to you guys!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ive now got a pic of the eggs in the incubator, what do you think? The egg on the right looks healthy and is solid and bright but the egg on the left looks a bit squidgy and dull.

This is my first clutch and my very first time breeding any animal so its very exciting, even if i do only have one good egg..

All opinions welcome.

(A very Excited) Darren

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.