Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I ordered 3 tubs of 4th instar crickets from LiveFoods. They have turned up and they are TINY! Look like hatchlings! I'm really pi$$ed off cos I cant feed these to my beardie.

How big should each instar actually be? I dont want to starve my beardie and want to know exactly what i'm ordering next time!

thanks

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
There is a food size guide on the livefood website.

I'm always amazed at the range of sizes I get in one tub!!!!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
maybe was a mix up? was they labeled as 4th?

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
4th instar is still small.... got some delivered this morning actaully but aint opened the parcel yet... i usually get kareg but this time got large and 4th instar [for little leo]
standard are what they consider one size under large.

honestly though... i get a lot of small ones in my large crix too.

feed them for a week theyll grow though.

PLEASE BARE IN MIND THOUGH
when u order, theres a box, which as standard says "if out of stock send next size down" you can change it..i change it to "same size, diff colour" but you could have 3rd instar.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they are labled 3... i did say next size down if not in stock, as i was desperate. even MORE desperate now. ive had 3rd instar before and they werent that tiny. these are only a few ml long!

·
Registered
336 Posts
i only used them a couple of times before going to livefoods by post and cant say i had a problem with either ( i use same supplier as lbp no probs reported back yet).

maybe next time try a size up?

·
Registered
336 Posts
hehe, a tub lasts seconds with my beardies :D

·
Registered
475 Posts
I've had a bit of a problem before with hoppers and crix form livefoods, but there is a comment about your order box just before you enter your card details. I usually back up an order of fourths with the comment 'standards without wings please'. But I got a half bulk bag of standards a month ago and there were extra large and 3rds in there too. And it takes weeks for them to grow to the size you need too :roll: I still use livefoods though as they're delivery time is ace and they always do what you comments ask.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I emailed them asking if they had sent the wrong order and they agreed to send me a 4th instar tub and a Standard tub free of charge. How nice of them :D

The delivery times are really good. Get them delivered to work too so I never miss them. Added bonus of freaking out all the admin girls when they collect them for me :twisted:

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
i have to admit... my lot came yesterday.. i ordered a half bulk bag of 4th instar browns and a bulk bag of large black.

to me... with exception to the colour.. basically both lots are the same..
a range of sizes from what i would say nearly micro up to what i would think [dunno in instar] medium size.
first time theres been such a odd delivery.
BUT I can use them all fine, would have liked a few larger ones for savy but she can eat the smaller ones.. not a huge prob but is suprising.

the morio and mealworm were as expected.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
had problems to

Just to say that I had problems with sizing on my last but one order the medium was tiny and the large full grown. (which BD wont eat) they said sorry but didnt replace. last order came ok though. I am going to try phonix worms net time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts