Reptile Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just thought id let you know my partner has just bought me a present!!! a 2003 100% het for albino male royal python from boa morphs chris gillam also with paperwork!!!!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
congrats, hope to see pics soon

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Cool hubby you got there, though youll need to rehome him soon as your house is begining to sound like picadily circus.

How much do albinos set you back, I think there fab, post a pic when you get him

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol hes a het for albino hun, looks like a normal but carries genes to produce albino babies and my female banded is also a het for albino so fingers crossed!!

Will post piccies of him later, he has already struck at my partner!! hehe

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Ahh, I see, I dont get all this het, morph stuff.
Out of interest though, how much is an Albino Royal likely to cost, will I need a bank loan!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Wow, that's great Nat, lookin forward to seeing him! Someone's going to be rich soon hopefully :p !

Thx
Matt

·
Registered
301 Posts
wish i had one of those :( hopefully in the future you'll have a few albino babies.good luck :D

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
can u trace how far back the albino gene was though and how much recurrence was there of it?

just interested to know if thats what breeders do, dont know anything about the genetics of snakes or breeding or anything like that.

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Chelle I may have misunderstood your post but are you asking about the 100% het business? As in how can they say its 100% het for sure?

Basically if a normal looking hatchling comes from a mating between an albino and a het albino they HAVE to be het albino (this pairing cant produce normals, just het albinos and visual albinos) so you can say the animal is 100% het.
Nothing affects the likelihood of it being a het except the genotype of the parents. It doesnt matter how many albinos have been produced by the parents, or how many albinos are in that snakes lines.

If thats not what you meant at all then just ignore that!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Nat said:
lol hes a het for albino hun, looks like a normal but carries genes to produce albino babies and my female banded is also a het for albino so fingers crossed!!

Will post piccies of him later, he has already struck at my partner!! hehe

you'll have some very nice hatchlings then...! Lucky... congrats on the new one.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Lucky girl Nat!!

Lovely BF, healthy son, and a ZOO in your house!!!!! JEALOUS!! :mrgreen:

Cand x

1 - 15 of 15 Posts