Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, if you know me, you'll know ive been wanting one for ages, so last sunday i finally went out and bought one. shes so beautiful, so here are some pics so you can see just how cute she is:

and her home, built all by myself:

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
better get goin then lol.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
She's cool too, can I have a Dorito please :)

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
*gives dorito* happy now?

·
Registered
301 Posts
wow he/she is really cute.nice pattern and colour as well :D

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Yes, im truley s :D atisfied

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah i love her, shes so cute, i fell in love with her at the shop so i just had to buy her. i dont if shes even a her yet, too young to be probed i'm told. shes on a bit of hunger strike atm, but nothin that i shouldnt be bale handle. thanx for all your nice comments ppl.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Nice royal & viv!!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
lovely ickle royal very nice

·
Registered
27 Posts
She is actually beautiful, a bit smaller than I expected from seeing the pictures and then seeing her for real. I got to handle her for a little while and she is absolutely great. Hopefullyl she will feed soon...

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah im going to be buying so,me AVIPRO soon hopefully, thatll get her eating.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Awwww..... she's very pretty and I really hope she'll feed for you! How old is she and how long's the hunger strike been?

Well done for building your own viv - are the surfaces sealed with something to make them cleanable? I can't see any thermometers and the sensor probe seems to be right up at the top of the viv - how are you heating? Is the ground temperature monitored and correct? Does she only have the one central hide that's visible in the pic you posted?

Forgive me if the answers to my questions are all as they should be - I'm just worrying that you might have problems getting her feeding if the setup's not to her liking.

Mine prefer lots of cover and avoid open ground - so a couple of small hides at each end (one dry, one humid, each the size she balls up to) would give her the chance to pick the temperature she wants whilst still feeling secure. She'll be very unlikely to feed unless she feels safe!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Uh I can answer to one part of that at the moment theres one hide although he has a second one coming to put in. He's using a ceramic bulb set-up to heat it although he's apparently is changing to a AHS heater I think at some point.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah its still quite in development, the probe is actually lower down than in the pic. everytrhings sealed up, shes got a hide, a waterbowl, i have got the temp and humidity all alright. ive still gotta buy some more stuff, decorativ really but i think shell like it. its heated through ceramic. shes settling down nicely, makes alot of noise at night, she keeps falling off the ledge along the front of the viv.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts