Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after talking about tree dragons yesterday about how they always dig loads of test sites for laying well turns out if you viv its set up right they lay first time lol after seeing a bromlaids roots exposed and lop sided i put it down to test digging as usual which was expected as she was very gravid,so after putting all the soil back and fixing my brom back into position i saw this

a very skinny dragon :D sooooo i then started digging all around the brom in 6 inches deep of soil (it took a while) i find these

7 pearly white eggs :D (pic taken next to a 5p to show the size)the best eggs iv had to date in 14 months :mf_dribble: so so dam excited there my first eggs this year so hopefully ill see some more looking as good as this

sorry just got eggcited and had to share :lol2:

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Congratulationssssss!! Now you've just got to fatten her back up a little bit. Just curious how much does your female eat, I did have two females a lil while back and they didn't seem to be massive eaters, very active and stunning though.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers guys im over the moon :D

Congratulationssssss!! Now you've just got to fatten her back up a little bit. Just curious how much does your female eat, I did have two females a lil while back and they didn't seem to be massive eaters, very active and stunning though.
yeah iv got plenty of lobster roaches they will work a treat lol id not say huge eaters though ill throw in about 15 roaches everyday between 3 of them and they all go plus iv got crix morios and mealies breeding in my viv so theres always plenty of grub running about for them :)

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
5 Posts
not easy to find any of these captive bread, when they hatch i would definately like to be considered to buy from you, i know you will get alot of requests like this, just thought i would try get in early.

Also can you please post some pics of your full set up, maybe help other keepers set up for the right breeding conditions.

thanks

jeff

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not easy to find any of these captive bread, when they hatch i would definately like to be considered to buy from you, i know you will get alot of requests like this, just thought i would try get in early.

Also can you please post some pics of your full set up, maybe help other keepers set up for the right breeding conditions.

thanks

jeff
no your right iv never saw any for sale as CB yet and iv been looking the best part of 2 years and iv had this pair 14 months but im sure they are out there so fingers crossed i have 7 babies in july. iv also had a lot of intrest but believe me these wont be going to just anyone, ill only be selling people that have good knowledge of there care, i also doubt ill be selling any females i get in the first few clutches as there known to be male heavy clutches so females will be held back for future breeding, but ill just wait and see what happens im banking on anything yet. as for viv set up there only in a temporary viv just now til i get my huge exoterra set up and planted out (its taking longer than i thought) but ill get a few pics up just now : victory:

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

these were all taken as i moved them into the temporary viv a couple of month ago so there a wee bit stressed. ideally it would be taller but i can only work with what i have just now but they still have plenty of space to move about which is the important thing. the main thing is is there doing what they do and im also a believer in if you reps are breeding and laying there aint much wrong with what you got

ill though a link to a facebook album aswell that you will see more pics of the setup : victory:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3036675968988.135351.1625654443&type=3 hope you like :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dont you have just 1 picture of the complete set up from a front view rather than random small pictures of parts of the viv, surely with phone technology it wouldnt take long to snap 1 and post it.
That facebook link is unavailable.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dont you have just 1 picture of the complete set up from a front view rather than random small pictures of parts of the viv, surely with phone technology it wouldnt take long to snap 1 and post it
lol no i dont but i could go try lol the problem i have is iv only got a camera on my black berry so it aint the best but gimme 5 mins and ill see what i can do

·
Registered
17,668 Posts

these were all taken as i moved them into the temporary viv a couple of month ago so there a wee bit stressed. ideally it would be taller but i can only work with what i have just now but they still have plenty of space to move about which is the important thing. the main thing is is there doing what they do and im also a believer in if you reps are breeding and laying there aint much wrong with what you got

ill though a link to a facebook album aswell that you will see more pics of the setup : victory:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3036675968988.135351.1625654443&type=3 hope you like :D

They look absaloutely beautiful mate (very jelous I have to admit) the only thing I disagree with is the breeding and feeding being a healthy animal part, infact that is probibly the only thing I have disagreed with from your posts.:Na_Na_Na_Na:

Thanks for sharing though.:2thumb:

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

hope this helps a bit more its the best i can get with a terrible camera : victory:
They look absaloutely beautiful mate (very jelous I have to admit) the only thing I disagree with is the breeding and feeding being a healthy animal part, infact that is probibly the only thing I have disagreed with from your posts.:Na_Na_Na_Na:

Thanks for sharing though.:2thumb:
ahhh na no worries mate i take everything on board: victory: the reason i knew they were healthy was because they were fecial tested back in febuary lol 12 test samples were sent away to get done from these alone so i knda gotta trust pals lol but i know what your saying thats for sure :2thumb:

·
Registered
17,668 Posts

hope this helps a bit more its the best i can get with a terrible camera : victory:

ahhh na no worries mate i take everything on board: victory: the reason i knew they were healthy was because they were fecial tested back in febuary lol 12 test samples were sent away to get done from these alone so i knda gotta trust pals lol but i know what your saying thats for sure :2thumb:

Haha I don't doubt that they are healthy :) it often is something peeps strongly beleive so I can go with that, it just differs greatly from my opinion.: victory:

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Those eggs are so tiny! Lol they look lovely and goodluck to them :2thumb:

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
To kirky, very well done! These are great little lizards that I have kept for a while. It is one of those species that will 100% all but disappear from the hobby when imports are banned, which they will be. So all they work you can do to help propagate decent captive blood lines now will pay back ten Fold in the years to come.

Well done chap and please keep us all updated as you go along!

John

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.