Reptile Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my female boa, Lucy, is a year old at the end of May, I thought I would ask people how long their female and male boas were at that age.

Currently Lucy is 4 foot 6 inches and strike feeds on medium rats every 7-10 days. I have been very careful not to over feed her and have tried to keep her on medium rats for the last 3 months, but now I think is the time to put her on large rats.

Do I have a monster on my hands? :lol2:

She is a big softy and still thinks that she can hide in my hair as she did when she was a foot long teeny tiny baby.

:2thumb:
I know all boas are different so I am very curious about how long everyones was at a year old and how long they are now.

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
I have a het salmon female , and she turned 1 in march and shes just under 3 feet so i think so :flrt:

·
Registered
389 Posts
i think my male boa is just over a year and nearly 5ft (rescue so we arent sure on the age)

bit off subject but he also thinks he can hide any where

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
My female boa is coming up to a year old, and is around the 3.5ft mark. Hasn't really got that much girth yet though so is only on weaners but once they run out i'll be moving up to small rats.

·
Registered
13,305 Posts
My girl ember is about 9 months and is just nudging 4 foot now. I think she's gunna be a whopper too! :gasp:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think my male boa is just over a year and nearly 5ft (rescue so we arent sure on the age)

bit off subject but he also thinks he can hide any where
Great pic!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My girl ember is about 9 months and is just nudging 4 foot now. I think she's gunna be a whopper too! :gasp:
What/how often are you feeding her? I am so reluctant to keep upping the food size as I just don't want to power feed her!

·
Registered
13,305 Posts
What/how often are you feeding her? I am so reluctant to keep upping the food size as I just don't want to power feed her!
I don't power feed, would never do that. She's been on a small rat every 10-14 days but she keeps growin like a weed. She should be on medium rats by now but I put off giving her them cuz of her natural rate of growth but I don't want her to go hungry so I'm gonna have to put her on them soon cuz I will be under feeding her then. I just think she's gonna b a big girl despite what i feed her!

·
Registered
881 Posts
holly cr*p either i have small snakes or all yours are on steroid's LOL mine is just over 2ft

·
Registered
881 Posts
my litte boa is 11months old and is just past the 2ft mark :( shes almost a shoe-lace poor thing :(:(:(
what is she feeding on ? ive just moved mine onto small weaners

·
Registered
13,305 Posts
holly cr*p either i have small snakes or all yours are on steroid's LOL mine is just over 2ft
:lol2: imine arnt all growing at this rate though, iv an 18 month old just over 4 foot, a lil salmon who is a slow grower but near the same age as my steroid girl lol but iv got a new hatchling girl about 2 months ago and she is now the same size as the salmon already so looks like being a whopper too, she's been on mice and growing like mad....put her on rats last week so watch this space!!

·
Registered
881 Posts
i got 3 from Donny last year 2 from Kev aka sharpman and got the other 1 some other dude and there all around the same size i have 15 boas and not one of them were past 3ft at a year old i have 2 year old boas that ar around the 3ft mark maybe just past it

·
Registered
881 Posts
if it doesn't look that much bigger than her girth try her on it she might surprise you lol i go by the girth i feed them the same size as the girth maybe a little bit bigger

·
Registered
270 Posts
all of yours boas seem to be really long .... should i be worried thats mine are not aslong ?

·
Registered
448 Posts
My new baby is 2months on the 7th. so only tiny :flrt:

·
Registered
13,305 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't power feed, would never do that. She's been on a small rat every 10-14 days but she keeps growin like a weed. She should be on medium rats by now but I put off giving her them cuz of her natural rate of growth but I don't want her to go hungry so I'm gonna have to put her on them soon cuz I will be under feeding her then. I just think she's gonna b a big girl despite what i feed her!
Exactly my problem!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
all of yours boas seem to be really long .... should i be worried thats mine are not aslong ?
I wouldn't worry as there seems to be a lot of variance in the length of the boas. I think me and Rach must have monster girlies!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.