Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got 2 yellow bellied terapins coming next week

just 2 questions i have read you can feed them meat somewhere ?what sort and does it have to be cooked ? can you feed them ham ?

also i have a uv light does this have to be 24hours a day or should it be turned off at night ?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
You can, but keep the content low. You can get better meals for them. Give them pellets and meal worms. They like them.

UV should be on 12 on 12 off.

Congrats on getting them! Lovely Turtles.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi and congartulations! :2thumb:
You're gonna love them... I find mine fascinating. They enjoy prawns and the occasional bit of roast chicken (I only give mine the odd bit of none greasy breast meat). Also the odd fresh water snail can be put in the tank...it'll help keep it clean til it becomes dinner. :twisted:
Washed worms go down well too but my yellow belly loves her veg it must be said! A varied diet is the best diet in my opinion! Mine gets a combination of fresh stuff, manufactured dried & frozen foods and a regular supply of plants in the tank to nibble on at leisure (elodea densa for e.g.) Hope that helps.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi mate, gratz on your turts
I have 2 YB and a map, and they absolutely LOVE the worms, there are like killing machines with em!!! So vicious lol. Just dont feed too much of it to em at a time :D Good Luck and Merry Christmas EVERYONE!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts