Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Bit of a long shot, about 20 years ago my first snake (I believe it was this but might not be as the info wasnt that good back then) was a yellow belly water snake. Googling it seems to bring up what looks to be the same animal nerodia erythrogaster flavignster.

Are these still available over here and if so does anyone breed them as I would love to get my hands on another one.

Ta

Mat

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
could it have been Liasis fuscus?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should have mentioned that it ate a fish only diet, but what you mentioned is stunning!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Saturday night bump

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
not saying youre wrong , but just because 20 years ago it was presumed that an animal had a fish only diet doesnt mean it definitely did
times have changed & information is generally better & more readily available now
marks answer may be closer than you think .
although i guess only you will recognise the snake you had back then .
good luck in your search :2thumb:

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
not saying youre wrong , but just because 20 years ago it was presumed that an animal had a fish only diet doesnt mean it definitely did
times have changed & information is generally better & more readily available now
if its a water python that rules out a fish only diet,never known anyone to feed fish to a water python waterfowl yes but not fish!!
how big was this snakes as hatchling fuscus are about 12 to 16 " adults 6 foot + and weights of 6 kg +

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
if its a water python that rules out a fish only diet,never known anyone to feed fish to a water python waterfowl yes but not fish!!
how big was this snakes as hatchling fuscus are about 12 to 16 " adults 6 foot + and weights of 6 kg +
what do you guys get when you search for the this,
nerodia erythrogaster flavignster

Certainly isnt a snake when I do it.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
my bad :blush:
i didnt recognise the name given , nor did i google it ,
i just assumed it was another watersnake but 1 not feeding on a complete piscotorial diet

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
what do you guys get when you search for the this,
nerodia erythrogaster flavignster

Certainly isnt a snake when I do it.

this is what i got!!

the very snake the OP has being asking about!! as for where he can get one,really not sure on that but a good place to look would be that shop in france,they have a store in paris and else where in france,not a 100% on this but i think its called la ferme tropical,do have a website,not looked at it but heard good things about them

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
this is what i got!!
the very snake the OP has being asking about!! as for where he can get one,really not sure on that but a good place to look would be that shop in france,they have a store in paris and else where in france,not a 100% on this but i think its called la ferme tropical,do have a website,not looked at it but heard good things about them

I've seen these at Hamm a couple of times over the last three years. Not many about but they do come up. And yup, La Ferm have them on lists occasionally.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts