Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I wonder if anyone knows why my chameleons foot doesn't seem to be quite right.He isn't gripping sometimes with it and sometimes he like walks on the wrist part with the foot bent backwards.Other times it seems o.k I am very worried.

He is in a big flexarium with plenty uvb and correct temps and heat etc.I have had him for about 4 or 5 months from a tiny baby and never had any problems before.He has calcium and reptivite suppliments and everything else about him seems great.

·
Registered
524 Posts
is there anything in the viv he could of got his foot stuck in? i spose its hard to take a good look aswell.. does it look swollen or cut at all?: victory:

·
Registered
877 Posts
Is it swollen or inflamed or anything? Could he have pricked it on anything?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Do you have any pics....
How Big is He??
Has he been eating/drinking well??

just thought of info others might be able to use to help you

BUT, if in real doubt the vets is your best course of action if this goes on for some time....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi Littlefoot, You mention he's in a Flex, could he have caught a claw in the mesh? I ask because I had this happen to a young Yemens and changed his housing.My Yemens had almost ripped a claw out.
littlejay

·
Registered
282 Posts
It could also be MBD or gout, if you are worried i would pop him to the vets:D best to be safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts